Local Surfboard shapers

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by terra-firma intolerant, Oct 28, 2008.

1. conway

conway Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2008
    if you paddle out a c-street on a perfection, THE FORCE will pwn you.

2. Vince

Vince New Member

Sep 3, 2008

How about this tough guy, I'll paddle out of my perfection and Kick the s@@t out of you and all of your little lame ass friends that make up the farce.

3. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    i think conway you jst got told.

4. terra-firma intolerant

terra-firma intolerant Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2008
    ummm, There's already a thread for the "Force" if that's what you guys are gonna talk about

5. pfox

pfox Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Team RC is where its at anyway, tell'um Cricha!

6. eclipse13

eclipse13 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    I recommend Prolines. My brother and I both have them and Mike Paul definitely is a good shaper.

7. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    New Board

Ok, I ended up going with a 6'4 Gary Wilson! There's a pic in my album. We figured that I would have more room to grow into a 6'4 plus it'll be slightly more foam for the transition down from the 8 footer.

8. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    nice man but my quiver is alittle bit better with a 6'1" al merrick flyer epoxy. and a 7'6" i think my quiver owns you. but good choice on getting an epoxy. but the epoxy will break and have fun getting use to the fish.

9. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    ok that made no sense.

It's a quad, not a twin

10. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    not anymore... (check pics)

11. dmsurfboard

dmsurfboard Member

Nov 29, 2009
    DM Surfboards in Myrtle Beach

DM Surfboards out of Myrtle Beach.

Custom Boards starting at $340

Check out their website at http://www.dmsurfboards.com

12. respecttheocean

respecttheocean Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Jimmy keith

I got a custom shaped by Jimmy Keith almost two months ago. First, let me tell you that Jimmy is really great to work with and will help you with bringing your ideas or wants to life in a board. He will sit down with you for as long as it takes and help you fine tune your board. I stopped by throughout the process as well and he was nothing but helpful and showed me how everything was done. He fined tuned the board perfectly based on what I told him and what I wanted. The end result was way better than I imagined. I designed my graphics and brought the idea to Jimmy's art guy. Again, the end result blew me away. Plus,
    no offense to anyone around here in terms of being amazing shapers, but it my eyes, nobody can touch Jimmy and Green Room's Epoxy technology. Never delam, never yellow, strong as crap,, has flex, and is really light. That's just my two cents. Again, I know all the shapers mentioned are great shapers, but this is just my opinion.

13. raburner

raburner New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    local shapers

I am from Monmouth NJ however the boards that i ride here in the South Carolina and Wilminton have all been shaped by Todd Sudz of Island Inspired Surf Shop on hwy 544 in myrtle beach. He is a extreamly nice guy who will work with you on any board you need. I have had a few retro Fish's made by him and couldnt be happier with what i had paid for . he has a customer for life with me. Go check out his work

14. cricha

cricha Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2008
    RC boards are nifty. mini me is definately the bees knees

15. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    it seems this thread has run its course but i'll throw my vote in for jimmy keith. i've got a 5'9 quad bullet shaped by him, and that thing flies. also the epoxy is so friggen tough, the board is over a year old and still looks great. jimmy's even coming out with his own line of non greenroom boards to sell in other shops. yeah greenroom boards! yeah jimmy!

16. wedge1

wedge1 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2007
    Green Room boards period...jimmy is the man, i thought i snapped my board in half (HEAVILY creased), but apparently the stringer wasn't broken, so i took it to him and he fixed like new...6 months later i'm still riding it

17. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    so is jimmy still gonna be making boards for green room surf shop or is he just gonna start making them for what ever shop wants to carry his boards?

18. wedge1

wedge1 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2007
    I'm pretty sure Jimmy will still shape greenroom boards...but he's been developing new technology/epoxy/resins that other shops want, especially out west (where there are a zillion shops)...probably the same shapes under different brands, like benny b riding a mayhem shape even though there might be a wrv sticker on it

19. NCsurfer

NCsurfer Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Sod surfboards nothing better

20. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    It's actually been a year since I posted that. Now I'm riding a 5'11 Green Room Whiskey Fish and loving life! :D