Long Island Surf Park

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Long Island Surf Park, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Long Island Surf Park

Long Island Surf Park New Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Hello all,

We are a company working hard to bring the perfect wave to Long Island, New York. We want to build a wave pool with capabilities of creating 7 1/2 foot barreling waves every 15 seconds. Our goal is to make this a members only club like a private golf course is. At this time we are looking for potential members who would want to be apart of this club. If you or someone you know is even the slightest bit interested please visit our contact page at longislandsurfpark.com/contact . Our website can be found at longislandsurfpark.com please check us out and help spread the word!

Thank you we are looking forward to hearing from everyone soon!

-The Long Island Surf Park Team

new-logo-colorful.jpg

2. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    omg you have got to be kidding me. holy $$$$$$$

i predict the following:

10 + pages
    5 infractions
    1 ban
    thread locked

3. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    "Initiation fees" of b/t 5k and 20k...analogies to golf clubbe mumbership...who the fock did your marketing your kid's Kindergarten class.

Bring that sh!t updtate to Utica.

Is this like silicon valley surfers of the east??

4. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    We Understand That Our Prices May Seem High To Some People, When Broken Down Though Our Memberships Are Just As Competitive As Prices For Ski Lift Tickets, Golf Course Memberships, And Other Wave Pools. The Average Golf Course Membership Initiation Fee Is $50,000, The Average Yearly Membership Fee For A Golf Course Is $10,000 A Year. On Top Of The $10,000 A Year, Golf Course Members Are Expected To Spend An Additional Average Of $160 A Month In The Restuarant. When Compared To Skiing And Snowboarding, The Average Cost Of A Lift Ticket In Colorado Is $85.59 A Day. If One Of Our Bronze Members Surfed 50 Times over The Course Of A Year, Each Session Would Be $70. Disney World In Orlando, Florida, Rents Out Their Wave Pool, Typhoon Lagoon, 6 Days A Week And Charges Anywhere From $1,100 To $1,400 For 100 Waves. More Waves Can Be Purchased At An Additional Cost. The Wave Produced In Typhoon Lagoon Also Only Reaches A Maximum Height OF 5 1/2 Feet. Avalibilty In Typhoon Lagoon Is Extremely Limited And Spots Sell Out Fast. Surf Snowdonia Which Operates A Wavegarden, Charges $69.84 Per Hour Session Of Advanced Waves, And Only Produces A Wave Every 4-5 Minutes.

*As A Member of Long Island Surf Park, All Members Will Be Expected To Spend A Minimum In Both The Pro Shop, And In The Cafe Each Year.

5. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    You are added to Whaerus' list of ppl who would please kindly foad.

6. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Excuses, excuses. That's a f*cking rip off. I could spend a year in Central America for that kind of money, and live like a king. Everyone should protest by simultaneously crapping in your wave pool. If only we could afford to get in. FOAD

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  7. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I love the ocean!

8. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Hey them dudes out in Long Island got money bruh

This is just what surfing needs...coral them into an arena..put a price tag on it and, oh make sure you gots them safety waivers of death too..Don't forgot abootz the "pro shop" either..you know those Wall Street surfers gonna want them high end shiny sticks

The American way...

9. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    The "Pro Shop" will feature Outerknown's full line.

10. JawnDoeski

Aug 11, 2014
    Ay doug or dawg don't forget abootz Roy's million dollar turd...he may finally have a market place

I mean this is really awesome rad bruhs..I'm totally moving to New York

Where else you gonna be able to score some crack and get barreled in one subway ride

11. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    That logo is beyond horrible. Also, the website needs major help... metard is pretty good at photoshopps

12. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If it was an 8' wave I'd be in for sure. 7 1/2' just isn't going to cut it.

13. parippa

parippa Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    I hope you guys don't get sued by the donators for all the money you collected when/if this grand idea falls apart.

How about this, it'll be way cheaper: get a bigass barge with hydraulic cylinders attached to it so it can rise slowly and fall quickly.. Install it in the Delaware bay (or LI sound) a few hundred ft offshore near a point. it rises up and slams down creating a short lived wave. Swellinfo members donate me 1 million dollars, and I can make this happen. Just give me some time and don't worry if I never respond to your emails or calls. haha.

Seriously though, IF wavepools ever catch on with real surfers, I think the endless circle wave is the future. Control speed, direction and ride length. People should stop wasting their time and money trying to make a chest high wave that's less than 100yds long.

14. JawnDoeski

Aug 11, 2014
    Dude bruh PARIPPA...You rippin' and reppin' out of PA

Chest highline less then 100 yards sounds like an EC problem...I gotta ax you how long it take you for that brilliant response

15. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Go **** yourself

16. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    If you want a decent ...sorry, a GOOD logo, I can get you in contact with my gf - she's a professional graphic designer.
    It'll cost you an undisputed membership to anyone interested on this forum.
    PM me for details right after you **** yourself

17. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    do I have to use a leash if I surf at the park?

18. parippa

parippa Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Sure is man.. about 5 min.

Also, I'm not sure these guys know what a 6-8 foot wave looks like.

19. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
  20. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    An endless circle jerk you say?
    As an engineer, please enlighten me on the kind of sponge bob physics that would create and sustain a continuous circle wave? Unless you want to have a large ass submerged propagation plate aka a mixer, even then I don't see it happening. But go ahead solar power that sucker