Looking for a small-wave board that can still shre

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by JohnnyCornstarch, Mar 28, 2015.

1. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I'll second that. Great board for those conditions

2. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    A custom Rob Kamp from Virginia Beach shaped for me about 15 years ago. I told him I wanted something with a wide squash tail for small waves. What he came up with in 1999 looks a lot like a Dumpster Diver to my eyes. Great board for soft waist high waves. Miss it more than most old boards....

bottom.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015

3. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Short, flat, thick...like a fish. I have a 5'4" fishcuit and it's crazy fun in small stuff...never been on such a short board. Go as short as you can if you go with something beefy...the shortness is what makes it very maneuverable.

4. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    idk, even 2.5" thick boards start feeling corky to me...can't imagine riding a 2.75" thick board

5. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I
    I have owned 3...2 silver bullets 2 and a driver...all poly

6. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    firewire vader, vanguard, or cornice. all have good shape, specs, quality, technology.

7. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    would love a test-drive on the cornice...i like firewire.

8. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    me too, the technology and shapes look so awesome, and the way people can ride them is really mind blowing.

9. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    o.k., I was just referring to the what the Vernor website says...makes sense that you can order whatever you want and they'll make it. I also see that you can order online through Real Watersports in North Carolina (quite a stretch for west coasters, but fine if you're anywhere on the east coast).