looking For Cheap 7 ft + fun board

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by frost, Mar 17, 2015.

1. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    It's 9 ft 6 in it should fit inside albeit with a few inches out the pass window pickin it up Tomm a.m.. Will report back to what the heck it is

2. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Good to hear! That thing is going to serve you well... Specially for a 100$.

One of my all time favorite boards is a 9'6 single fin longboard!

3. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    So... Did you get it? Post some pics of the new board

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yeah, and post some pictures of your girlfriend as well...naked. For our "art" class, of course.

5. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    nope I rode up there and looked at it.. It's in pretty bad shape to say the least they woulda had to pay me to haul it off..first off it was a tank I mean Really heavy
    1. 2 different delam areas on the bottom about 8in by 8in
    2. One 3 in round hole gashed in bottom
    3. Stringer on the bottom is out and pushing against the top layer of glass about 4-5 feet in length
    4.several smaller gashes and thin fiberglass areas especially on the rails
    5.several horizontal lines near delam areas appears maybe glass is cracked or foam is underneath topcoat?
    The whole board had been painted/spray painted grey front and back and was peeling in several areas
    Way too many problems to fix if even fixable..might make a decent restaurant decoration though
    ... The middle fin was fairly new though which I found strange... Had two small side bite fins that looked to be original oh ell 4.5 hrs down the tank

6. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Oh man sorry to hear- if it was half that bad I would have still bought it. That's a bummer... Sorry man.

So the search continues.... I have done a lot of those trips in the past too..

Disclaimer: swellinfo.com and its forum users arenot held reliable for gas money and time lost while seeking the perfect surfboard

7. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Lol no worries u love and learn...

8. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Well good beginners board and price was right so search is over.. View attachment 15084 9ft red monsta

9. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Perfect! Your going to love that thing! Granted- it's not going to perform like a real board- but it's perfect for learning to stand up and turn and ride down the line! Which is exactly what you need! PLUS it's perfect for anytime in the future- for those crowded 1ft summer days- you can just run everyone over and no worries about dings!

You'll probabaly stand up within 2 times of going out in the right conditions

10. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Yea I can see there's not gonna be any awesome cutbacks on It...but should be good for getting up and into a wave and does look like fun..so much thick foam...

11. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Ima take that 9' Red Monstah down to Belmah during the summah and domo the 23' peaks...just sayin'

12. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Dude all that foam means lots a float means paddling, catching and standing will be easy!

Btw don't try paddling that thing out at the Belmar. Let that up to the pros- like this here kid rock

13. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    So I ca't go to belmar in mid July wearing my spring suit and paddle out with this am I correct? :) lol

14. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Well the good news is that those foamys always hold their value- you will be able to sell it quickly for the price you got it- there is always a lot of beginners looking.

I would suggest holding onto it for those packed summer days where you want to surf but not worry about dinging your board (with all the other beginners in the water)

Have fun! Your on the right path now!

A few tips:

1 make sure you always lay on your board at the same spot- not too far forward and not too far back. You want the nose of the board to just glide above the water line. Stay at that spot at all times.

2 cup your hands when paddling and keep your legs together and feet on the board or pointed back- not hanging off the side.

3 practice popping up on land before going out.

4 watch others to figure out where and when to catch the wave ( how steep the waves is before they start paddling)

5 stay away from the better surfers- give them thier room. Surf by yourself or off to the side. Don't paddle out to the peak and get in everyone's way. Work your way up and into it. Be friendly and say hi to ppl.

6 smile have fun

Just trying to help frost- don't give up. It takes a long time to learn. Just have fun.

Later bro

15. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Dude just tell them your friends with Mr Belmar. You'll be ok.

The waves are so big you might not be able to make it out. Best break on the east coast

16. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Good buy, frost. Hope to see you out on IOP sometime.

17. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    well you cant miss me ,ill be the guy flailing about in a spring suite on a bright red boat....i always give the surfers out there room when i was bodyboarding,just proper etiquette imo i even see how the waves are breaking right or left or both and position myself away from where they would finish up their rides...,now some of the young kids left their lineup and break and paddled almost 30 yards directly behind me before wasnt gonna move for them they couldnt surf anyway from what i could see..but i do have to say something strange happened during one of the tropical swells last year..while catching some nice glassy 3-4 footers on my bodyboard a long blond haired girl/lady surfer paddled toward me after catching a wave and asked if i wanted to catch a wave on her board...was she just being nice or trying to flirt with me?

18. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    I would say you should hit it!
    Stay away from 9th and 25th. Too crowded for a beginner. My breaks to the North are generally pretty empty. I may know the chick you are talking about. Was she riding a fish?

19. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    cant remember now was near the pier... Eduardo swell i think real early a.m... had a crackly grovely voice like she may have had a rough night....good surfer though..normally am around 10th or so far enough away from 9th and far enough away from the tourists at pavillion,although sometimes the waves are a lot better right near the pier...

20. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    I normally find the waves between the pier and Sully's to be less hollow. There are a few spots North that have a curl more like Folly. I am really excited to try surfing a couple secret breaks North of Dewees this spring/summer.