Lost board - folly beach

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by patyoftrick1, May 16, 2014.

1. patyoftrick1

patyoftrick1 New Member

May 16, 2014
    Hey all, my dumb*** self drove away with my board still on the roof of my car. Pretty sure it fell off right at the washout at folly. Its a 5'11 Lost rocket with a blue trac pad. If anyone picked it up by any chance ill give some cash to get it back. Thanks!

2. BassMon

BassMon Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    And you didn't hear/see it coming off? Come on now.

3. patyoftrick1

patyoftrick1 New Member

May 16, 2014
    heard something but my didn't think twice. least the surf was good

4. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
  5. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    2 scenarios:

1) a local hippy made a bench out of your board and is now sitting at the front of his house smoking a bong

or

2) a college boy from the Charleston area was cruising with all his bro's, stole your board and used it last night as a beer pong table for the end of semester party.

.....in all seriousness, that stinks man, I hope someone returns it. I lost my dog on Folly Beach a few years ago and never found him. He ran away from the beach at the Washout. A lot of the locals were super friendly and trying to help, however, there were also a lot of sketchy dirtbags that were very rude to us in the process.

6. patyoftrick1

patyoftrick1 New Member

May 16, 2014

Yeah thats kinda what I was thinking its probably gone for good but its replaceable. Can't imagine losing a dog man thats terrible. Checked the shops there and they took down my info so maybe it'll turn up

7. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    never in my wildst dreams could i fathom not strapping down a $600+ board. prob not a big deal as your parents paid for it but someday maybe you'll learn the value of a dollar. what do you drive anyway? you can fit a 5'11 into 95% or cars if you fold seats down. i have zero sympathy for carelessness like that

8. BillySunday

BillySunday Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Dude is not a total idiot, someone stole board and he is just being diplomatic trying trying to get it back. Had board cut right off roof rack it sucks. Never heard another word. Shame of it all would have given the dude $40 (which is what he probably sold board for) for a bag of whatever he needed had he just asked. Did the same drill craigslist, local shops, etc. At least a couple people on craigslist tried to scam me (prepay reward) further enhancing my view of human nature (people suck). Which is why I surf so someone including myself doesn't end up dead.

9. patyoftrick1

patyoftrick1 New Member

May 16, 2014
    Yeah because my parents would definitley buy their 22 year old son a surfboard. wouldn't even let them. I drive a hatchback and always put it inside...just put it up there while i was changing. still dumb as hell on my part

10. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Dude, it can happen to anyone. I had a fresh, brand new board about 5 years ago. Finished surfing the OB pier. It was summer time, super crowded. Had to park all the way up by Winstons. I had surfed for about 3 hours and was tired. Did my thing. Got out of the wetsuit. Had a few boards in the back of my SUV. Took a swig of gatorade, closed the door and drove off. I had forgotten that I laid my board on the sidewalk. It was in a mirror blindspot. I saw my other baords in the back and didn't think anything of it. All of 4 minutes went by and by the time I was on Voltaire ave, I realized what I had done. Got back there. Not even 10 minutes had gone by and the thing was ghost. Asked the guys in the shop right out front. Asked the homeless hippies outside the liquor store.... And that board was not paid for with parents money or anything like that. We all do stupid sh**, especially when certain recreational activities are legal in certain states, if you know what I mean.

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's a sad story indeed, however, I would have to call BS on using that as an excuse. I burn Errr day and never forgotten a board. Not saying it can't happen, but I wouldn't blame it on the reefer HAHA

12. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Just saying. Medical Grade G13, followed by a 3 hour session in the hot sun... Blame whatever you want, but a human being will not be at his sharpest following those activities. Sometimes I would be surprised to find my way home... which was about 5 blocks.

13. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Use to get it on the reg, got a diff. friend now, so I know what ya mean, but still man, guard your board like a new born child