Manhatten/ NYC surf

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Mooseknuckle, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008
    Taking a trip to Manhattan wed through sat this week. I've never been to New York City and I am looking to hit the beach one day. I figure the closest easiest spot is gona be Rockaway beach. Just looking for anysuggestions on where to surf or what to do in NYC. Like I said Ive never been there and I think there is supposed to be surf later this week.
    Thanks,
    moose

2. sweeet26

sweeet26 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    NYC is amazing and the cool thing is that its super close to really good surf.

Rockaway is probably the closest but my favorite is Long Beach. Its about 30 min from the city and it gets really good this time of year. There are a million spots you can pull up to so you dont have to worry about crowds really.

Enjoy it bro.

3. Mooseknuckle

May 12, 2008
    how about parking near the beach??

4. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I know a few guys who surf Rock while they are up there for school. You can either check at the Northeast section of this forum or log on the NYNJ Surf and ask of there there . They wont drop spots right on the forum but if you ask to have someone Pm you with the info I am sure they will

5. Mooseknuckle

May 12, 2008
    Yeah thanks MATT JOHNSON... I woulda checked northeast but there is like ten times as many heads on the mid atlantic region so I knew I would get faster and better info... thanks as always for a quick response MATT JOHNSON

6. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    No problem you can always check Surf Line they give that sort of info out and have maps of what areas you can surf with some tips for the area and such

7. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    BillaBong store is an absolute joke. It has nothing to do with surfing. It's just a tourist trap. All of their sh*t says like, 'BILLABONG TIMES SQUARE!!!"

There is about ten million things to do in the city so it all depends on what you're in the mood for.

Rockaway is not any grosser than places in nj like Ac, so this kid has no idea what he's talking about. When is the water not gross after it rains?? I make the trip there for E and NE swells regularly and it without question one of my favorite places to surf. PM me if you want some info

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010