Monday's looking good...

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by terra-firma intolerant, Aug 20, 2008.

1. terra-firma intolerant

terra-firma intolerant Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2008
    for a last day of summer vacation session :D. Not too big but good for wb and semi-glassy.

What do the experts think?

2. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    it seems it would work but at the low tide swithching to high at the right spot in wb it could get bigger witht he less water and the push.

3. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    Monday

Ooooh, stomach high :) Please god, let this day be the one

4. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    defiently hopefully iy will clean up. and at low tide going up it could get a little better i think with less water and a push with the waves.

5. adowcett

adowcett Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Yeah, low tide should be at the perfect time that morning. That swell we got last Thursday would have been 5 times better if low tide had been at at 8 instead of 1ish.

6. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    the tides look like they're be in our favor since low will be at 8:52 am so it seems like it will get a little bigger with the push and less water but the winds i cant trully tell right now since they can always change.

7. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    the winds might not be offshore, but at least it won't be so strong that it chops it all up... so far

8. adowcett

Sep 9, 2007
    As long as I can get some nice steep lines with some size I'll be happy.

9. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    as long as it's not choppy i'll be fine.

10. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    If you look at magicseaweed and swellinfo wind maps, it looks almost as if the winds will shift sideshore maybe almost offshore... one can only hope...

11. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    it actually does look like it could work but you have to get on it at the right time it seems like.

12. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    yep, looks like an early riser

13. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    it looks like on the wind map for monday it will be going offshore at 8 am till 2 pm it will be offshore but then switch to onshore but hopefully the winds will stay offshore to give us some clean surf for the last day of summer.

14. adowcett

Sep 9, 2007
    A. I doubt it will be straight offshore in the morning, prob south-south west (I suppose better than what we've had)
    B. The sea breeze will probably pick up at the usual time or maybe a little bit later
    C. I hope it doesn't stay offshore all day, 'cause that'll kill it for tuesday

15. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    went out for a last-day-of-summer session...
    Pretty good, some pretty fun rides, but not as big yesterday. I do plan to go out again later this afternoon.

16. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    just got in and it had some nice lines but have fun fiting all the other kids cause we were all up and down the beach for some last day of summer waves.

17. bfloyd

bfloyd Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2008

sweet, back to school boys..

18. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    no not sweet school sucks surfing is my life man if i would get out of school to surf i would but my mom wont thats what i hate about my sister not being homw any more she always took me out of school and take me surf.

19. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    well, I went out 7am this morning so I had fun

20. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    I have a friend who lives a 10 min. walk away from Stone st and his bus comes at 9am (Isaac bear). He can surf every morning for at least an hour if he wanted to - he did this morning

Man, he's lucky