new jersey beach badges

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Swellinfo, May 25, 2011.

1. billyharry

billyharry Active Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Badges, We don't need no stinking badges.

2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I don't spend a lot of time hanging out at the beach. I'm either in the water, or fishing at sun up or sundown. I buy a beach tag at my local, because that's where I go with my family. I have no problem with that... they give simple jobs to the local groms, keep the beaches clean, empty the garbage cans, and keep the tourists away from the surfers.

The bennies and shoobies need the lifeguards. Let them pay for them. The locals know the guards and tag checkers, and visa versa... and look the other way when they have to. The conflicts are between the locals and non-locals. What else is new?

I think the system works just fine...

Last edited: May 27, 2011

3. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    can you link that thread?

4. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    i pretty much agree, except when you get hassled by some 12yr old on a power trip. that's my only beef w/ tag checkers. i watched one such aspiring ss member actually chase a woman into the water to ask her for her tag last summer. why take the job so seriously? you're getting paid to be outside, getting tan & hitting on chicks. as a 12-14yr old, that's pretty hard to beat. hassling surfers should be way down on the list of things to do each day...

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    they're over-zealous because they're terrified of being fired and having to get a job at McDonalds

6. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009

At least they would get one free meal a day at McDonalds LOL

7. Recycled Surfer

Recycled Surfer Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    SPEAKING OF MCDONALDS..... Does it make sense to hire a ton of kids that barely speak english and put them behind the counter at the busiest time of the year ??? I spent over an hr at the McD's in Rio Grande just to get a breakfast sandwich. The order was screwed up twice and there was people out the door. Almost everybody got the wrong food. I would have left but they had my money and I was hungry. Totally a cluster. STAY AWAY FROM MCDONALDS. Hey, if the beach taggers get fired that will solve the problem... Never mind - no beach tags in WW