New Moves

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by pickles, Jan 26, 2017.

1. pickles

pickles Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I was mind surfing and thinking about some new moves I haven't seen before. Has anyone ever seen a full 360 degree carve? Not a little 360 turn off the lip, but a big sweeping cut back down the wave into the flat towards the barrel and back up the wave and then on down the line again. Can anyone think of any other new or crazy moves they'd like to see?

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Actually, Slater did that on video. Elevator straight back up at Backdoor, then down with the lip. On a 10ft face.
    I was stunned!!
    He copied my move!!!

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Post a video if you can. :cool:

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Of me or Slater??

5. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Both. Simultaneously.

6. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I tried a stand up elrollo frontside inside a barrel and ended up getting pile driven into the bottom. One of the worst wipeouts of my life, but being only 20 something was not permanently injured. So I'd like to see someone pull that off.

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Well, I wouldn't want to show Slater up......

8. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    I know...Slater did it and so did Barry.

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Naturally, plus he's so sensitive about that sort of thing.

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Hey, I want free tickets to his wave machine; if I show him up, won't happen...??

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Hold on, lemme ask...

12. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I know Shaun Barney Barron pulled one sans SUP.

13. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I have perfected this move, paddle, stand up, wave closes out and I do this sweet kick, where I kick my board out and then I go under the water. Ps, don't be stealing my move!

14. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I did this move once where I popped up, got going down the line, tripped and fell on my ass with my feet facing the back of the board and surfed all the way to shore. It was witnessed by several surfers including Tlokien. If I can pull it off again I'm trademarking it "the Screwby."

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Does this move follow immediately after you target someone who dropped in on you??

16. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    All those Santa Cruz guys are freaks

17. pickles

pickles Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2014
    How about doing an air through the roof of a barrel

18. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    haha. i did one about a month ago where i didn't properly wax my board. slipped, fell on my @ss, got back up. all this through a couple sections. my buddy witnessed it, said it was similar to some Harlem Globetrotter sht he'd seen way back. Improv on the waves, man

19. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    maybe you guys remember the old Tony Hawk skating game with Bob Burnquist. I'm not advanced enough to do it, but i always thught his trademark JC move on a surfboard in air would be sweet if it could be landed on another set wave. i've of course seen ppl do aerials and catch another wave breaking, so that got me thinking of this move

20. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    HA HA HA, nah, IF it came down to it, I would rather fist fight than shoot my board at someone.