Nicaragua trip replacement

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by bungholesurfer, May 4, 2018.

1. NotAMasshole

NotAMasshole Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Can you tell us or me a little more about Cambutal? Place looks pretty great but every site that I am reading info on is pretty dated. Where do you usually stay? Does it get crowded? Wave looks pretty legit at times. Thanks!

2. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    It doesn't get crowded as in your typical surf trip, not even close, but there will be people out if the waves are good. There's a lot of variety in that area and a couple other beaches close by (30 minutes or so away) that can get pretty good. I love that area because it literally is the end of the road. Super beautiful and chill!! There's not much around (restaurants, stores, etc...) but you can find a few homes for rent on airbnb and a couple of the local "hotels" are super nice and pretty affordable like Hotel Playa Cambutal. If you're looking to just get away from it all there's no better destination. I would love to live there full time but it does get HOT AS BALLS, especially if your going in wave season.

3. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    United Airlines, the unfriendly skies yet again
    upload_2018-11-9_13-30-33.png

upload_2018-11-9_13-32-30.png

4. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Slap a Taylor Made sticker on there and tell them it's a golf bag. I have a buddy who actually got away with that a couple times.

Yankkee likes this.
  5. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    How were the waves in Prague?

6. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    i remember lil over a year ago Prague held a big dinner, long oktoberfest table set up (thousand or so ppl) to celebrate the easing of Covid restrictions, only for that celebration to initiate a big uptick in covid cases. Buncha tards out there

headhigh likes this.