Nixon The Mission watch

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by aka pumpmaster, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Problem is--Nixon historically makes real crappy product in watches. I would not run out and buy one until proven.
    Also, they tout 10 atmospheres water resistance. Who cares?? So it will still be ticking way after you implode underwater at 3 atmospheres??? Dumb advertising department........

2. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    dang-it Barry. As much as I don't want to I have to agree. Every Nixon watch I have owned has been garbage. More features just means more things to go wrong.

3. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  4. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I always like Nixon watches- the way they looked and what they offered...

Although I never had one since I have also heard that they don't hold up.

I currently have a freestyle classic shark tide watch that I have had for years.. Holds up well! Replaced the battery 3 times and still completely waterproof to 20 atmospheres

5. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Btw that Nixon is the coolest watch I have seen to date...

6. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
  7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yeah, it looks cool, but if I want a cool looking watch, I would buy a Patek Phillipe or similar. At least it would work. Of course , it would cost about $15K, and that just ain't me. So, I settle for my low cost G watch from Casio. Good enough for this cheap. "if it ain't for free, it ain't for me"!!

8. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    if it has a warranty, ill guinea pig it.

9. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Patek Philippe makes some ugly dogsh*t. Not even remotely cool. Maybe if you sold insurance in the early nineties you would think it's cool.

I wear a $25 resin-case Timex Camper with a cloth band. Simple, lightweight, stylish, and if I lose it, who cares.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  10. Toonces

Toonces Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to need one of those. Hot damn, that's a good looking watch (the black one that says Swamis on it).