Nobody owes you anything

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by leethestud, May 23, 2012.

1. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    Hahahahaha! Sooooooo funny! And a hats off to Mikey!

Now I must point out that a TD formed off the East coast and WENT SOUTH!

Forecaster man said "not normal.. There has only been 18 named storms since record keeping began (1880'ish, i forget the exact year). When they do develop super early they usually develop off the Florida coast or in the Gulf. "

And all you guys can do is cock fight all day long?!

Kyle.....I understand you and agree with you......but you're getting no where with those who disagree. Cut your losses and save your energy for good vibes.

Stud-lee......who's the troll now?

2. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011

I'm done, it's basically the same ole' progressive vs. neanderthal debate. Just a slow day at work and not even windswell in the aqua today, but I'll leave it alone.

On a side note, Go Heat.

3. Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool

Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Dear Kyle,
    Sorry for the late reply to all of your wisdom. I was surfing then working. Please don't call me a Neanderthal because I explained how it WAS when I first learned to surf. I never said it was right. It was just the REAL WORLD back then. When I said regulated, I meant you surfed at the next sandbar down from the more experienced guys. It wasn't like Da Hui pounding Rick Kane but close. Even if it was only dirty, smelly, rude, crappy NJ, it was just where I happened to be born. I also was stating the obvious that the problems lee stated are a microcosm of lots of issues our great country is having. You seem like an enlightened liberal telling everyone what is RIGHT. We seem like ignorant conservatives, telling everyone to F%ck off.
    I simply stated that back in the day (old fart alert) it seemed safer in the water when there wasn't all these newcomers and new types of craft at every break all year long. (except mid-winter). I have never had a physical altercation over waves in America. (One in France when I was in my 20s) It is all about fun, but it aint fun when it aint safe. Kyle, sorry to use the word aint, I know a nice liberal fellow like yourself will correct me.

4. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    It's nice to see this energy focused on something other than us lowly spongers!!!
    2 days ago I paddled out into 2 to 4 ft mush down here in Sunny Florida, Power Plants north of Jensen Beach. 3 of us in the water. 1 SUP, 1 Short board and me on my boogie. I felt like I was in a living version of a thread, except the they didn't judge me for what I was riding. At least not to my face!! Argue your point here, learn here, share here, and break down the old stereotypes. I'm still looking for someone to trade some art for an old longboard?..I give you 1 week Lee!

5. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007

H2O'C,

This departure was a little more dramatic than yours but I'm glad to see you're still around. I searched the site and realized everytime there is some cool artwork up here it tends to be yours... Good work Art Kook!

6. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Thanks dude!!

7. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009

post of the year.

8. surfsolo

surfsolo Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    I'd like to thank everyone here for posting four pages of drivel while I scored.;)

9. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I enjoy reading these threads and rarely post but I wanted to speak up this time. I don't know why. I don't know any of you people, but I do enjoy this forum and guys like Lee and the pumpmaster are why along with the folks who are arguing with them. i don't know what the heck this thread is about anymore but i know this:

Anyone can become a surfer...anyone. But anyone that thinks surfing is a hobby is not one. There is a code to surfing that is unwritten and to become a surfer that code has to be learned and followed. This code, more of a guideline really ( guess the movie quote), is open to some interpretation depending where you're surfing. Go to most surf breaks and follow the code and there is no issue. Not following the code is grounds for regulation. This form of the regulation will depend what you did, how many times you did it and where you are. The times i've actually seen it come to blows are few and I have been surfing for 20+ years. What is great about surfing is this regulation stays in house. We don't call the cops. ever.
    This is the way it has always been since surfing began and I hope it never changes.

Try dropping in on a hawaiian king pre captain cook and see what would have happened to you. you would probably be eaten at the next luau.

I have a family, a career, a mortgage and all the rest of the american dream and I am a surfer.
    If anyone finds it sad that my entire life has been influenced by surfing and its code, it is because you are not one.

10. Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool

Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    PJ,
    You summed up what I was trying to say along. Thanks.

11. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    You're welcome. You're one reason I don't post much. No sense saying what was already said.

12. mass surf

mass surf Member

Jun 10, 2011
    This is the most ridiculous thread ive ever seen. Just because a person isn't an experienced surfer, means they have no right to go surf? Most begginners try and stay out of the more experienced surfers way and this is usually only a problem in the summer when the waves generally suck. All anybody does on this forum is complain about kooks and begginners. I mean another thread about someone *****en about kooks and crowds will definitely solve the problem. How about the more experienced surfers (which everyone on this forum is) help the begginners so that they can learn etiquette and stay out of people's way. Not for their sake but for years. And this cold water brotheren in New Jersey is complete bulls*it. What makes cold water surfers cool is how humble they are and the lack of boasting and b*tching about the water. I'm not a great surfer but i can't stand the arrogance of some people on this forum because this thread is called "Nobody owes you anything" which goes the same for everybody. Because since your a better surfer, means that person owes you every wave. This arrogance is ridiculous

13. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    Let me see if I can sum up the whole thread in a sentence:
    Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt or otherwise negatively impact anyone else (within reason), and don't be a dumbass or consequences will follow.

14. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    thats about covers it. but it is alot less entertaining

15. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011

I'm a registered Libertarian, just think before I speak, didn't know that made me a liberal. Yes, it may have been safer in crappy NJ when you were a kid, but you can't stop people from progressing i.e. paddleboarding, sponging, etc. so ok, yeah, back in your day when there were a) less people b) less private beached and c) it was less popular, I'm sure it was better in your hazy recollection, but your REAL WORLD back doesn't apply now and you just sound like an old asshole.

Yes, I will consider myself enlightened person, if by that you mean, I understand that the world progresses, and with that comes more people. Do you go home at night and complain about all the traffic, people, and prices of everything everyday? Because it's the same thing, you call it the "*****fication of America" I call it realizing we are not the best or only people on this Earth, kinda like you "old guys" thought about your break back in the day.

Your time has passed, let some groms catch some waves.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  16. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    You guys and this "code" you act like it's something special...it's not...it's called respect, and if you need surfing to teach it to you, then by all means, more power to you.

BUT, my point to all this is that, all you guys "defined" by surfing need to realize it's just respect you want, whether you're surfing or not, life is about respecting humans and being respected.

Sooo....long story short you guys want to be respected just cause you've been in one place for your whole life and surf that break every or just cause you're old, but you don't want to respect anyone else you don't know.

You're right, if being a one-dimensional person and defining myself as only a "surfer" and living by a "code" someone else decided before I was born, makes me not a surfer, then just call me a watersports enhtusiast.

P.S. You're not dropping in Hawaii, that's the point, quit acting like your home break is Pipeline.

17. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    At least someone gets it. The ocean belongs to no one.

18. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    same here but I'm a contrarian (I like that:))

19. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    im not "defined" by surfing. I'm certainly not one dimensional. I wrote surfing influences me.
    i learned respect from my dad not from surfing. i don't need to be respected. i like to have respect and i respect others wishes. i traveled the world and surfed in places you wish you have. i showed respect when i was there and was given respect becuase of it.

i wasn't even thinking of you when i posted. i was enjoying your posts. I didn't attack you for what you believe i listened and retorted.

i believe you have a issues with reading comprehension. you may think before you speak but you do not bother to comprehend what you are reading before you write. if you feel that is an attack its not it just ny opinion.

i chose to not call you a "surfer". You are not one which is clear by what you are saying. plus the fact that you left a wave rich coast for this one and FLA to boot. this is also not an attck but what i think.
    I chose to not call you a "watersport enthuisiast" just becuase it sounds stupid.

i chose not to call you anything because you are nothing to me.

20. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    beats 1 dimensional.