Now Seeking High-Level Surfers for a New Competition TV Show

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by surfcompetition, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Yes, I did. There were fun bumps for July. It probably seemed bigger to you since you were laying on your stomach with all the bennys riding the boogie boards.

2. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    Just thought it was funny that people used the word kook for the original poster. If you use it, you can't be one. That is high school **** like most on here. They blast everyone on here and get mad when someone asks how they surf or sponge. This is a surf site and boogie board sit, you know but most are on it just for the entertainment. I doubt many actually surf or boogie is all I'm saying. Maybe there is a better site for these types.

If you are willing to call someone a kook who is probably far from it and you just started surfing a little while ago, it usually means the kook is in the mirror.

3. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    [video=youtube;PivWY9wn5ps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PivWY9wn5ps[/video]

4. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    LMFAO! Look at your post count compared to mine. You are always on here. I also post when I'm at work and it's been slow lately. The flatness is also driving me nuts.

Let me ask you, do you still drive that VW cabriolet to go surf? That's a great car for a high school girl. I'm sure you get some nice looks from the guys.

5. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I can agree with that

6. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    Had to add 1 to my post since it was sitting at Lord Lucifer's 666

7. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I saw that! LOL

8. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    Hey, you started with the insults. I just talked about most people who post on the forum probably didn't surf or boogie. I never specifically any person's name. You took it to heart and then started the insults.

When we are infants we crawl and the next progression is to stand. It would we weird if everyone just crawled around their entire life. Enjoying the ocean is great on all crafts. I just don't get how anyone out of high school at a minimum would still want to boogie board. I'm not trying to be a ****. I would think they would want to progress unless they have a injury preventing them or stand up surfing is too difficult. Which one is it for you or are you saying you just prefer crawling. I boogie boarded when I was young but surfing is so much better. Have you tried surfing?

9. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Ahhh, you shred, brah?

Number One? Number Two? How's your air game? You bury that rail and throw buckets, brah?

Seldom Seen can surf. I've seen it. Shoot a few times the waves were pushing head-high and he was totally comfortable.

Yankee can surf, I've seen it. Ha, I've "seen" it. Oh man, that is rich.

RadDadBrad had a picture in SURFER for Wayne's sake. Big move on a hurricane swell, which Nick Delo would call 8-9'. Hurrycane !!

Me? Ah, I'm still trying. 30 years and, man, I ...........

Well, just let us say that I'm better at posting on the internet. But then again I'm like the greatest poster the world wide web has ever seen(you new guys should have seen me two years ago - I was like Kelly Slater and Tom Curren having intercourse). So I may shred in the Atlantic Ocean, too. I don't know. Ax Seldom, though he's only seen me at a 5. Ah "seen" again. Oh man that gets me every time.

Liam, though I'd have to argue you're statement that most people are good at posting here. Ahhh........some for sure, but not most. They have to let go and get personal.

10. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    When you have multiple screen handles, you can say you saw the other one surf. Physical proof is all that can show Yankee, you and Seldom hung out. It's hard to trust what anyone says on a forum and just believe that they've "seen" it. A picture would help.

11. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Why don't you come down and show me how hard you rip some day.

I'd come to you but Christie won't let me drive and they are actually locking people up for Driving on Suspended these days, well in my case they would. As much as I love being surrounded by Mexicans and Blacks in a tier or dorm, I think I'll pass this these days.

Umm totally confused me with the first sentence there. "when you have multiple screen names you can say you saw the other ones surf."

I have no idea what that means.

I had(not HAVE) multiple screen names because the ones before me were "RETIRED." Yeah man, I didn't get some 2 day or two month bans, I got banned for eternity. Mr. Swellinfo actually said that to me once...ETERNITY.

So, when I get on a new computer I have to grab another name, which I kind of like. I mean South Jetty Bill is cute and all, but Paddington Jetty Bear is friggin choice, bra.

Anyways, so now I have to post pictures to prove what to you?

Dude let me assure you I wouldn't pretend that I've surfed with people on here. What in the world would that do for me?

Plus, if I lied aboot surfing with dudes, I'd totally claim Za Gaffer and Zach 619 fer sure........

And boot "evolution" and crawling and then standing...

well if we crawled out of the ocean.....

And then started standing on terra firma...

When we returned to the sea, wouldn't it make sense to crawl back......

12. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    I am an engineer. I spend hours in front of a computer, whether it be on a test bench or at my desk writing reports. Flipping burgers probably doesn't afford you that kind of internet time, does it? See how I can change the subject and insult you as well.
    As for my car, I drive a 2004 Pathfinder, not that it matters. My previous car was a Subaru WRX STI (cause I used to be into tuning and racing SCCA AutoX). My wife used to own a Cabriolet... like 2 years ago. I had no problem buying that car for the wife, because it made her happy. Do you know what it is like to have a wife? Do you even get to stick your little dinky in a member of the opposite sex?

13. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Then how come I see plenty of good surfers and never see any good sponges in New Jersey? Yeah, yeah I don't frequent Jenks and all but.......

Yeah getting to your feet takes maybe three sessions to master if you have some prior wave knowledge and can ride a freaken skateboard.

But I'm not getting into this thing again(soo many times brahs) but surfing is actually easier to perform like a stud. Back foot/tail leverage. It's everything.

Good surfing is all aboot knowledge, timing and weight distribution no matter what you ride. Balance does not make Kelly Slater king. Again, any 12-year-old Chinese gymnast has more balancing prowess than any drunk Aussie or 5'-3'' whiz kid from Encinitas.

If anyone thinks they are special because they can stand-up...well, atta boy, good for you. It's so unique.

14. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    If I wanted to hang out on a surf forum and brag about my skills, I would just say I am njshredmachine. 23 footers, all day long, brah. However, I just don't care. I am a mediocre surfer. I can catch most waves and explore the wave face. I am not going to be doing any rodeo flips or airs, and I don't expect to ever be in a competition. I don't need that added stress in my life. Surfing, to me, is all about going out and relaxing. Catch some waves, down some edibles, enjoy the sun...
    And I may be a kook to some, but at least I would never be on a reality tv show over-commercializing the sport.

15. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Brew I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Liam. ARGGH, I just don't like that name for a Jersey person. It's just so non-Jersey.

Laim, you will now be referred to on here as "Paco Moreno."

16. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    I thought you always said the Cabriolet was your car. That make sense. I was getting worried there. Hey, don't mock it. I'm great at flipping burgers at 5 guys. Have you ever had a burger from there, Great. I bow down to the great engineer who knows everything and always act superior. It's science man.

engineer.jpg engineer spelling.jpg

17. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Brew I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Liam. ARGGH, I just don't like that name for a Jersey person. It's just so non-Jersey.

Laim, you will now be referred to on here as "Paco Moreno."

18. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    That made me laugh. I like Taco Kisses better.

19. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Everything you stated here is YOUR opinion. Some people like to boog, some like to surf, some like to SUP, some like to kayak and some want to ride all of them. Who gives a sh!t what they want to ride? I personally have ridden all the above named craft in the surf and enjoyed each one of them. Why would you want to limit your choice of surf craft and therfore your fun?

Also I find it very funny when "surfers" rip on body boarders on a site started by a guy who boogs. This argument is played out and moronic. I may talk crap to folks on here and be a giant ass but at least I don't hate on people for enjoying the surf on the board or craft they choose.

20. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    You were the one changing the subject and tossed out random insults. You just aren't very good at it. I am not superior. Bill/Riley is above me on the intellectualism scale. I can't surf at a ZaGaffer level. I am just better at spotting bullsh1t than your average internetter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.