OBX - Buxton weekend forecast DOH what?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by babybabygrand, Mar 6, 2014.

1. babybabygrand

babybabygrand Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Proof that you don't need a hurricane to get mammoth sized swell on the outer banks. If this swell actually cleans up it could be monumental. But I wonder will there even be a NC-12 to access S-turns or Hatteras? who knows? That sure is alot of water getting ready to come in! Can we get a report from anybody on the ground there ??

2. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    i guess not..jpg I guess not. Have fun getting worked!

3. WrightsvilleNC

WrightsvilleNC Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Wow. Hope someone can get out there for the experience!

4. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    I'm heading down there in early April. Hopefully there will still be waves like these!

5. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    IF it cleans up, but you'll still be dealing with a 5+ knt current. Better have two cars--one for where your plan on paddling out and one 4 miles down the road.

Looks like NSB/Cocoa Beach will be off the chain this weekend and much warmer!

6. banman

banman Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Of course I'm in chapel hill all this weekend. Saturday clean-up has some serious potential.

7. roberts510

roberts510 Active Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Not really that monumental for down there

8. roberts510

roberts510 Active Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Actually I take that back, it's going to be massive. They do get a lot of size pretty frequently though although rarely that big

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Nah, definitely head to Belmar

10. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    ive been watching this all week for a possible trip but I dont think it is going to pan out. i think the winds are going to be really dicey. maybe frisco has a chance but i dont think buxton will be all that manageable without a ski unless the winds go more west. hope brett and the crew get on it though. definitely want to see some footage from it. if i wasnt out of town, id be on this but im going to be near durahm nc all freakin weekend....................................................

11. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    My friend from Nags Head just said he got by far the best barrel of the year earlier today. His friends were on the beach watching and he just drops in on this slab and gets spit out. Pretty sick. Wind can't be too bad...although, I don't live there, you guys got the knowledge.

12. jlmlax99

jlmlax99 Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Midday saturday you'll score your tits off, probably have a lot of water on the roads but nothing too crazy

13. Ripcurrent

Ripcurrent Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I <3 buxton, hate the lighthouse

14. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Winds are bad. Your friend probably lied

15. RIsurfer

Dec 5, 2012
    He lives there. You don't. He can walk across the street when the wind is good and judge it from his house.

16. jlmlax99

jlmlax99 Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Yeah definitely wasnt surfable yesterday or today, way too windy

17. Ripcurrent

Ripcurrent Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Groms like me embellish things but not that much as to fake good winds

18. Aqua boy

Aqua boy Active Member

Feb 9, 2012
    It is blowing 40mph+ and raining. I just took my dog for a walk by the jetties. The ocean is washing up to the road in certain spots. I am hoping that it holds through. Taking a ferry off island is probably biggest waste of time ever but it can have it's benefits, if you live here that is.

19. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Not today he didn't. Maybe if he was in Frisco. I wonder if anything S of Pea Island is accessible.

20. babybabygrand

babybabygrand Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    thnx for the update aqualad! Hope it cleans up for you and leaves you some pavement to get around and check out some spots :) The lower than usual high tides today and tomorrow should help keep some water from going to far up... let's hope. stay safe.