Ocean Closed Due to Corona Virus

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by sigmund, Mar 12, 2020.

1. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I snuck out yesterday for 30 minutes. Ran out at 6am about 15 minutes before first light and was heading back in before sunrise at 6:40. Wasn’t the greatest and definitely would not have been worth a $1,000 ticket, but I’m gonna keep heading out before first light if The winds light and the buoys are over 2’

Notaseal and sigmund like this.
  2. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina shut down "public access" spots to the beaches. You just can't park at any of the public lots. You can walk on from anywhere else. Our beaches are still surprisingly crowded. Surf has been garbage though. Ill take the long ass walk down to the beach if some waves show up here in the near future.

antoine likes this.

3. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    And had this happened in the winter, the beach shit is a non issue. This stuff went down smack in the middle of Spring Break. Couldn't have been a worse time for everyone to overreact to the beaches.

antoine likes this.
  4. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    re-elect the mayor of brevard county for sure. Still able to surf on Folly, it hasn't blown up to a fine for surfing yet, but it was pretty stupid to close beach access after bridge access. think brevard got it right with no laying on the beach, strictly exercise. I've heard Jax & Flagler looks shut down. I heard Jax is strict about fining someone, but no word on Flagler's strictness. Forecast is skipping Folly - can't go up to NC beaches cuz they've shut down beach access - so only brevard is really the best option unless i go covert which is f'n silly. Winds down there are keeping me at bay but i might strike mid-week if they clean up for all day riding. Got my work pass so i can fake the i'm here for work thang, cuz i heard hotels are trying to not allow leisure travelers in. If all fails, i've got mountains that i'll head for - it's called social distancing n i'm trying to go the distance

antoine likes this.
  5. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Cams showed a ton of people out at Matunuck and 1st Beach in RI. So much for closing the lots.

antoine likes this.
  6. Adiespra

Adiespra Active Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Lucky those who lived by the sea. They will have unlimited access to it and have the whole place form themselves. But then again, it's in your discretion if you want to put yourself and your family at risk by not following basic rules to prevent the spread of this virus.

7. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    And who are you to say what's right or wrong about entering the ocean and surfing. Unless you're going to quote big brother or the government and bring that whole corrupted argument into this place. If that's your choice then sign out

SCOB3YVILLE, CJsurf and Carson like this.
  8. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I surfed by myself yesterday. No risk here.

SCOB3YVILLE and antoine like this.
  9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I surfed a beach by myself yesterday, and there was peak one beach south with a dozen guys on it. Why?

10. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    They are writing legit tickets for violators here in SoCal. Not sure that ish will stand up in court if you fight it, but I'm not taking any chances. I paid a $57 parking ticket to surf once so that was about 10 bucks a wave. No way I'm rolling the dice on a $1000 fine.

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  11. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Every one of those tickets needs to be fought in court. Its an arbitrary and unjust order being inconsistently enforced.

SCOB3YVILLE and antoine like this.
  12. CYCOlogist

CYCOlogist Active Member

Dec 7, 2019
    That's why I drink good Mexican beers life Agua Mala.

Notaseal and antoine like this.
  13. Kelly_Smith

Kelly_Smith Member

Mar 19, 2020
    There will always be people who will do that. Just make sure that when you do surf, you're staying out of everybody (well we can't do it 100% but as much as you can do), still lucky you. I miss surfing but we got a fine here if we get caught near the beach.

14. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Clarify your statement please.

DonQ likes this.
  15. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Couldn't agree more, but...
    [​IMG]

Notaseal likes this.
  16. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    "Stay out of everybody" Do not insert yourself in another human. That's bad.

SCOB3YVILLE, Notaseal and DonQ like this.
  17. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Now I realize just how serious this matter is

DonQ and Carson like this.
  18. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    Notaseal, antoine and LBCrew like this.
  19. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    A cop yelled at me through his cruiser bullhorn when I was standing on the steps checking it before I went out, then yelled at me again for stopping to turn around and look at it one last time as I was leaving.

"GET OFF THE BOARDWALK! EITHER ON THE BEACH OR IN THE STREET! NO IN BETWEEN!"

LB cops are no joke.

But yea... I am lucky. That is for sure...

20. Kelly_Smith

Kelly_Smith Member

Mar 19, 2020
    :D:D:D