**Official wetsuit review thread**

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by mOtion732, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Shift

Shift Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    This thread fits the bill

Hyperflex 4/3 Amp (10-11 model)

So, I have had this suit for a year now and its falling apart around the chest tape seams. The neoprene is ripping apart from the actual tape.

Pretty lame, as I have pampered this suit from first use. Anyone else have this problem with them?

2. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    If you get in touch with Hyperflex they may repair it for you

3. macedon

macedon Member

Apr 10, 2011
    5/4 hyperflex was a great price but is fully coming apart 4 yrs later. Really did a good job first two winters and I was able to surf some nice swell in nasty cold for over two hours, last winter maybe over an hour in the real deal northeast cold, this year no chance and have already asked my wife for a new suit for xmas. Price for me is huge and will probably get the 6/5 hyperflex just cause it costs so much less. My 3/2 oneill is also falling apart and cost almost as much as the winter suits so I'm not always stoked by the "brand" names. My suits do get used quite a bit.

4. mOtion732

Sep 18, 2008
    The "brand name" suits are more expensive because they last longer.

5. sea.rage

sea.rage Member

Aug 2, 2011
    new to the winter suits...

I know theres not a lot of girls on here, but does anyone have imput on this suit http://shop.ripcurl.com/us/shop/categories/wetsuits/girls/fullsuits/womens-insulator-54/

its the ripcurl 5/4 insulator, this is the first time I've bought a suit for the winter so I really don't know much about them. Will I be able to surf oc throught the winter with this 5mm boots & 5mm gloves?
    anything else I may need to know when buying one?

thanks!

6. mOtion732

Sep 18, 2008
    5mm boots are questionable but you should be fine with everything else

7. ginsumagic

ginsumagic Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Send it back, they replaced my 5/4, the leg opening ripped apart.

8. 34thStreetSurfing

34thStreetSurfing Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I dont mean to be THAT guy, but I'm a bargain hunter and just got an email from this site thryll.com and yeah its all that refer a friend bs. You dont have to do it if you dont want to but right now they have 100 dollar bodyglove 4/3's. Seemed like a good deal to me. They have some pretty cool spy shades too... Regardless thought I'd share they have some pretty cool sh*t that comes on sale.

9. JERSEYboarder

JERSEYboarder Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    you can also check out seshday.com, they have awesome deals, they just had hyperflex 5/4/3 for $150 and they always have good companies

10. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010

I don't know anything about that suit- but Does it have an attached hood??? the attached hood is the way to go- plus 7mil boots will keep the feet warm and 5 mil lobster claw gloves.

11. WesB

WesB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    West 3/2 Fluid Lotus back zip. going on 4 years with no worries yet. Nice warm suit, flexible, comfortable.
    West 3/2 Edge Extreme chest zip. New for this year 11. Good savings from the Lotus and really comfortable and warm suit. cuffs and ankles dont flush as much as the other suits I've worn
    O'Neill 4/3 mutant. Best purchase I made last year. Hooded is awesome in the winter and without the hood is great option in late fall and early spring.

12. cmurr73

cmurr73 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Picked up Rip Curl E Bomb 5/5/4 loving it. I can't believe how flexible new suits are, last time I bought new one was college and that was in 2000.

13. Aguaholic

Aguaholic Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Or you could get their heated vest for $300. Shyt works!!!

14. kielsun

kielsun Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I bought an E-Bomb 5.5/4.5 recently, too. Haven't gotten it in the water yet, but yeah, it's suuuper flexible and stretchy. I'm almost excited for the water to get cold!

I need a new 3/2, as well. What suit do y'all think packs the best value + performance punch? Hopefully I can find a deal on something this winter.

15. wontonwonton

wontonwonton Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2007
    3/2 with TAPED SEAMS

I have an ebomb "pro" and it is very flexible but the seams are not taped and it definitely isnt as warm as it could be. Its not like a 3/2 needs to be any more flexible.

16. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    http://www.buellwetsuits.com/collections/mens/products/mens-3-2-full-wetsuit

they make the suits for volcom, nike, monster, oakley, reef ect. i love it

17. cmurr73

cmurr73 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    try Thryll.com someone posted it, looks like they are blowing out body gloves for $100 bucks. id get one but they don't have xl. not sure if they are taped

18. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
  19. tibu35

tibu35 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Got a 3/2 rip curl flash bomb....best suit I have ever had....just figured i'd share if anyone was interested in one for christmas

20. exilenj

exilenj Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    those xzip's on whiski are ok.. been using one for a season..cant beat it for the price.. my first xcel. id like to try a drylock