Parking Limitations in Deal, NJ .... AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by ScobeyviIIe, Jun 28, 2016.

1. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Looks like the city of deal is trying this schitt again - Everyone needs to show up:

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2016/06/shore_town_looks_to_restrict_parking_near_beach_--.html

Parking ban highlights war between Deal, visitors
    Deal Mayor Morris Ades said the latest proposed ordinance, intended to restrict non-residents from parking on six beachfront streets, was not intended to restrict access to the beach.

The ordinance is on the agenda for the public meeting at 5 p.m. Wednesday (6/29 - I'm guessing) at Deal Borough Hall, 190 Norwood Avenue.

2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Another bull$hit move by the summer residents attempting to make public beaches private. You drive down most of these streets in the off season, and there's not a car parked anywhere. Then from June-September, nothing but NY and North Jersey license plates. Go F yourselves...

Makes me sick...

All summer long I deal with people parking all over my town. Even in front of my house... pickup trucks with boat trailers. I don't particularly like it, but I'm not trying to pass an ordinance like I OWN THE ROAD. Sorry... the street is not personal property.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016

3. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    And everyone with a home on those 6 blocks have enough driveway space to fit 20 fvckin cars.

4. slarreB

slarreB Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Ruby Antebi is sad he faces another season that he can't afford to buy all of deal

5. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Maybe there needs to be a Raid on Antebi?

6. BKSurfer

BKSurfer Active Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Some BS. Tax payer dollars going to waste again serving the rich white man only going down twice a summer.

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Hey, tax payer dollars SHOULD go in serving the rich white man. Who the fvck do you think pays the taxes?? The poor morons that refuse to work??

8. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    man phuk deal who gives a phuk,oh u cant go surf the number 1 crowded wave in nj so lets protest.its a bunch of rich pricks down there,they don't need tourist money or tax revenue.

there wave is ok,not bad,not great,but the amount of people that surf there makes Manasquan inlet look like lavellete.

for those that still say no I need to go surf the most crowded wave in summer,just have somebody drop u off.not that difficult.everywhere I surf up here in nomoco,there is no parking.sure u can pay the 15 bucks to get on sandy hook or drive up to the municipal beach in sea bright that hasn't seen a wave in 30 years.every spot in between is where ur aiming for and there is no parking,and the cops patrol those streets like ants so they see ur car,run ur plate,see ur from out of town,even If its 5 minutes away they are calling a tow.

and that's why I surf in the winter.summer time the boards go back up in the attic.only way I'm going out is if thers a hurricane coming or a nice decent windswell like we might have tomorrow,then il promptly go to the beach after work around 7 pm and it wont be so crowded and the beaches are free and u can get a parking spot.

so fuk deal and have a happy 4th!!

9. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    oh yea......
    this was the other day in deal deal.JPG

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Rich people must taste "mo' betta"???

11. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    without a swimmer in the water - true scale cannot be judged... might as well be a sardine. somebody go in the water and take a selfie

12. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    ,...white folk and their tans

13. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Hey Cep... whether I surf there or not isn't the issue.

14. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Here fishy fishy

15. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    yea yea I know,everyone has their preferences,im sure u live a bit closer than I do but I havnt surfed in deal in probably 6 years or so.i got no problem with the place,im just saying we cant win against the rich.i voted the first time they did that,now theyr doing it again.

lol its funny I occasionally drive past deal on my way to Asbury,it just feels like a place I do not belong.i always show off the real estate to whoever I got in the car,most of those streets I never even drove down.looks pointless like u park there,go in the water for a few hours and come back and ur shyts towed.that place is bruce springsteen rich,theyr not going to let a bunch of surfers park on their streets.cops patrol deep there aswell.

ps did they replenish mb?havnt been there since winter,cam is showing a lot of sand at that end..i just hope they didn't do the ns

16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    MB hasn't been replenished for a few years now. But yea.... still a lot of sand there.

I know exactly what you mean about Deal. The way I see it, if one town gets away with that sh!t, what town could be next? It's about beach access, for me. Nobody owns the road... but somehow the people pushing for this think they're entitled to ownership of the streets... and the beaches near their homes. This can't happen... not even once. I don't care if it's Deal or some other town. It's the principle we all need to be fighting for.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  17. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    It is pointless to protest towns that are oceanfront communities, particularly the majority with the biggest baddest homes, oceanfront. Deep pockets rule unfortunately. The wealthy homeowner believes that to be so when they are paying out big bad taxes.

Kiosks for every corner to generate money for more sand spew.
    For generations to come...

No big thing, a lot of great breaks and jaytays have been burnt for years in moco, and the places you can park, you can't surf there. Best is, a lot of it is seasonal. But dem d shakes

surf there anyway.

18. backside hack

backside hack Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2012
  19. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Did you get to the part where the median home value was $1,825,000 in 2007 and was the 13th most expensive zip code in the US? Fairly wealthy

20. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Their income is counted where they live permanently, which is NYC.