Peace out east coast

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Mrocker89, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Mrocker89

Mrocker89 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Graduated from Salisbury in May, Saved up some $ this summer workin in OC, Just got an apt. in Pacific Beach (San Diego) Scored a job at the San Diego Wild Animal Park as a Photographer. Leave in the a.m. to tackle the open road. Wish me luck! Im gonna miss my fickle beach break! Keep yah heads up steezy stoners, you too can get the hell off the east coast to the promised land.

Peace out East Coast, ill send a postcard..

2. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Best wishes amigo. Surf a few nugs for us.

3. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008
    Dude who are you? I graduated last may also. Have fun with over crowded highways and 14 hour rush hours.

4. winterblows

winterblows Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Good luck

Don't listen to that negative bxxxxtch. Have fun and congrats!!!

5. dirtythirty34

dirtythirty34 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    i graduated in may as well, business major. Can we all come crash at your apt?? Mooseknuckle, you know zach n? saw the pics! Certainly jealous of this kid.

6. firstnamelastname

firstnamelastname Active Member

Jul 10, 2009
    The way I see it....It's just one less person in the lineup

7. mikedub

mikedub Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Shut Up....

But congrats on getting a job that pays you to be a photog thats not an easy thing to do, I'm jealous.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  8. dirtythirty34

dirtythirty34 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    haha

haha hes just jealous that he is stuck in va beach.

9. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    Promised land my ass,...what a joke.

10. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    if you could eliminate all the people, CA would be sweet.

11. steelwave42

steelwave42 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2006
    sounds like you got it set up nice with the job and all. good luck and have fun!!!

12. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    I think that is what I was getting at as well, can't hate on him for living his life. even though I can think why I might not care;)

I would love to explore CA myself: Bike trails, Scenic views, the Outdoors. WAVES, SNOW.

You always hear talk of all the different generations that have made the trek out wEST, from early American/European expansion to the sixties, the eighties build up push, the nineties immigration waves,...........

the cliche' seems to have come to a screeching, /halt

so many people, the rat race times a thousand compared to here.

who knows,...... hope you enjoy your time no matter.

13. El Porto

El Porto Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Good luck brother. When I graduated from college I loaded up and moved to CA and didn't come back for 15 years. Heading west was the best decision I've ever made.

14. mofosurfer.com

mofosurfer.com Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    LMAO... damn guys. You guys make California out to be one big LA.
    I can't blame you. It's what you see in the magazines, on TV, and in the movies, etc. When most people vacation out here they go to the places that they see in the magazines, on TV, and in the movies. So that's the image. Don't get me wrong... that's PB as well, and where this young man is living is a frickin dream.

But I digress... California is not all traffic. There are lots of parts of Southern California that you can surf and not see another soul for miles (especially when you start getting towards Central California). Remember, driving California is like driving from Florida up to Virginia. I doubt anybody would ever confuse somebody from Miami for somebody living in the OBX, I would imagine. Well it's the same here. Heck, it's mostly flannel and work boots up here in Ventura this time of the year, which is probably pretty different from what some guys are sporting down in HB. Not that we care.

There are plenty of parts of California that are just incredible, so sparsely populated to the point you wish that somebody else was in the lineup with you, days that pump such huge surf that most could not handle (think Ghost Tree), and you can live your own life without a neighbor around. But then you better be retired or able to work from home because the jobs are not in those towns.

Man, lots of generalizations about California. It’s just so big of a state with so many pockets and nooks of all different cultures and lifestyles. To “pigeonhole” it as one thing or another is pretty ignorant. It would be like me blasting the east coast as having lousy traffic, rude people, and everybody is a Bible thumping redneck. I know it’s not that way. I love many parts of the east coast. Especially the people. It’s the same thing out here.

Now, regarding PB… dude… you’re stoked. :D You park your car when you’re done with work Friday afternoon and you don’t get in it again until Monday morning. So many colleges in that town, I believe that there are over 20 different colleges in a 15 mile radius from you, which makes the amount of choice women sometimes overwhelming. On top of that, the women don’t wear much because San Diego is usually very warm… which means that most also work out a lot. So, you have a bunch of little hotties running around not wearing much, all with great bodies, with perfect weather, wake up and walk to the surf, grab a session at ****** and then walk over to Eggs & Things and score brunch sitting outside watching the hotties walk by while enjoying your bloody Mary and eating your white egg omelet. Then you and your boys meander down the block a couple doors over and sit outside by the Green Flash and drink some cold beers watching the surf and feeling out whether or not the south wind will die down for a fun evening session. Cruise back home, take a nap, if the winds backed down go grab a quick surf and watch the sun set from the water. Walk back home throw on some dry clothes and then walk down the block to one of your neighbors keg parties- you have no worries because there is no driving involved. If the party is weak, you are a block away from the bars on the strip.
    The place is heaven for a single surfer in their early twenties if they have no real responsibilities and just want to surf, go to school, drink, and get laid.

You scored. Enjoy. :cool:

Remember to move to Claiermont when you get married and have kids. That’s what everybody else does. :D

15. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008
    yeah who are you dirtythirty34?

16. eshore

eshore Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    good luck man. lucky your down in San Diego. LA is way to corrawded

17. chadbrochill93

chadbrochill93 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2007

sick essay man!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. mofosurfer.com

mofosurfer.com Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Huh? I'm not Mexican man. :cool:

19. SouthJerseyShred

SouthJerseyShred Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    if i ever moved to California it would be to ventura. nothing like work boots, flannels, and a grizzley beard

20. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I hear ya man. Every time I go out west it is magic. I will be out there very very soon for a permanent visit.

Also, I can not agree with you on the people that live on the east coast. They are far from great. Totally different mentality than the people who live out west.

To the guy moving out there good luck man. You are lucky you get to live the dream not many people get to do that.