Perforated Eardrum!?!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by raddadbrad, Jun 30, 2015.

1. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    The other day I was moving pretty fast down the line tryin to beat out a section, hit some backwash , and slapped my head on the flats hard! I thought I just had a ton of water in my ear but after two days of it not releasing. I decided to go to the E.R. and they said I blew out my ear drum phurk Im pissed. Anyone else have this before if so, how long to heal, and can I surf with earplugs or what?????:mad:

2. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Could you repeat that pls...?

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Were I you raddybraddy I would let it heal. If something happens to the other ear, the vertigo will be very disorienting, to the point you will not make it back to shore without personal help. A few weeks out is worth a lifetime more of waves.

4. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Haaaa you done got b!tch slapped by the ocean!

5. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Ah Barry Famunda Cudda know what he be sayin' for once

Don't let that tickle your berries...Barry...I didn't download that rainbow filter bruh

Hey there was a lot of debris in the water Monday..you could of been penetrated or perforated by some sea wood

I suggest you buy some booze and drugz dawg...you don't wanna end up trying to surf this evening

6. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I can attest to o Barry's premise. I had it happen years ago (only one ear though). I went surfing not knowing about it a few days later. When the water got into my ear, I immediately became disoriented. I held on to my board an got washed in to the shore. I had to pull myself up the sand and just sit there for 20 minutes...I could not stand up.

It is my understanding it will never totally heal. I still get water in that ear that seems to stick around longer then it should but that was the only episode with the vertigo. I stayed out of the water for two weeks.

7. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Thanks for the positive feed back boys. I just got a custom groveler that Im dying to try, but I guess Im out for alittle while. As for the Kook twins! no worries some day youll be able to stand up on a board let alone get any speed. Its cool Barneys hate guys that can actually surf. Keep tryin some day youll find the honey hole and get it up!!!!

8. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    With all your getting, get thee a sense of humour sparky.

Oh!.....eh?.....what.....?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  9. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    "Q Tips" :stop if you feel resistance! Sorry man couldn't help me self...again. Get well!

10. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Well, this is true when you really cut it to simplicity.

11. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    That EXACT scenario happened to me last fall, surfing alone, waiting for friends to show up. I was SO dizzy the world was spinning while paddling back out, and I could barely sit on my board outside everything was spinning and ringing. I sat and didn't even consider taking a wave for at least 15 minutes, blew the first several I took from the disorientation, then my friends showed up and it just passed eventually. I assume I didn't have a perforated eardrum, and my ears have both been drilled out from surfers ear surgery, so who knows whats going on.

12. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    Calm your little pu$$y down there Sadley. Learn to take a joke. I just find it funny that karma decided to smack you down. You're always so aggro and douchey that the ocean said "nope, no more of this sh!t".

Oh and remember when you made fun of a pic I posted of one of my boards? You talked sh!t about how only kooks ride grovelers and I needed to get a "real" board that was for performance surfing. Now you post about your custom groveler. What gives Bettsy? Why don't you grow up, drop the high school macho jock attitude and just enjoy surfing for the freedom and glide it offers. Or keep shooting roids and turing every sesh into a competition and being the most aggro middle aged guy in the water.

13. The Lonesome Tractor

The Lonesome Tractor Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hey, maybe you could get your boyfriend to blow a load into your ear and seal that sucker up.

14. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    There's truth to this haha

15. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009

Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! That is awesome Tractor!! HOF post for sure.

16. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    I will heal and be right back out havin fun with mother ocean, and tryin to elevate my surfin everytime for ME!!! As for you ?? I have no clue how you get down in the ocean , but you sure shred the keyboard with your demeening chatter. Your Rad keep it up man.....

17. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    woo hoo....This....is....talent! :cool:

18. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Knew it !!! All you turd burgler kooks hate hetro rippers huh!!!! MMMLLLLAAAAA!!!!!

19. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    ^ While you're laid up, radda ding dong, and I am sorry that you got hurt, perhaps try to develop a sense of humor. You'd be so much more interesting, sparky; and your wife will be grateful.

20. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Always laughin man . And Carter I never said its lame to have a groveler we live in the land of knee to waist mush... Right tool for the right job man. Just so everone knows my ear is way better today I can hear again and the water finally drained it was like an orgasm felt sooooo good.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015