PHL, sucking a little less these days

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI, Oct 21, 2014.

1. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    they should probably decriminalize skateboarding too

2. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    This isn't anything new. Before you'd get arrested and if you were holding less then an ounce be released with a citation, which in most case's you can get dropped in exchange for community service. Skateboarding in criminalized spots such as love will never be legal ever!

3. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    love is gonna get torn down pretty soon anyway to renovate the parking garage underneath. is there anything skateable at the "new" city hall?

4. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Nope don't even think about skating in the renovated city hall park trust me!! And there not tearing down love anytime soon, you gotta remember this is one of the main tourist attractions for the city...

5. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
  6. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    well this might have something to do with it

Minorities are arrested at a five-times higher rate than white people in Philly. I walk down Broad Street smoking a joint and nobody says a word to me. Black kid walks next to me, and we'll both get nailed. It's just not right. …

7. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    its all true.
    maybe this is a step of reconciliation.

8. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Not to start an argument but..
    Did you ever think that maybe minorities are committing 5 times the crime that whites are committing? Just a thought. I know, I know MIS, the gov't. It all their fault. It's an economic prison set up by a bunch of evil, rich white men sitting around a giant table in a secret lair, smoking cigars and planning to keep the darkies down.

9. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    so you think smoking pot is a crime that people should get locked up for it?

its a fact that the drug war is it is a defacto war on minorities and the poor

trying to deny this would make you look foolish

10. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Putting words in my mouth won't work. I smoke and am all for complete legalization. Acting like you know anything about Philly and who gets arrested there and why while you sit in your little island paradise Makes you look foolish. Don't lecture me about the government's war on the citizenry. I did my time son. Growing up surfing in OC NJ don't make street smart young man.

11. joenottoast

joenottoast Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    5 4 3 2 1 0 blast off! you gonna take that?

12. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    legalizing pot is the dumbest thing I ever heard.maybe we should give nuclear bombs out for free while we are making the world a better place,maybe we should legalize meth too.cant make philly any worse lol just kiddin ,would be cool.i remember one thing and one thing only from philly..."big balloooon 1 dolla"

13. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    so chavey, I never spent time in philly? I dont know anything about it? I dont have diverse friends who I talk to about these things that still live in phl? either way, thats irrelevant

are you saying gvt is fair? are you saying they dont target minorities? trying to figure out what you are saying, or were you just making a racist bias comment to flame the thread? either way I kinda feel bad for you. angry ex con living away from the beach

sounds like you have sand in your vag

try and get some surf, I know its a long drive, but you need it

good luck

14. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    While I don't have much to add to this thread, as I have spent minimal time in the city of brotherly love, but I would think the following link could shed some light on some of the realities within the US as a whole... It's a nasty read and people hate re-living this study... but the numbers never lie as they say.... scroll down to where it says "United States" and read the following data. The figures are alarming, and while there are numerous reasons why these numbers are what they are, there is no denying that they are in fact correct.... take it for what it is. I am not trying to insinuate anything here, just sharing facts with the class.... And with the current climates in Ferguson and elsewhere in the US, I think it's important for us as people and as a whole to put our differences aside and start talking about the deep rooted problems in this country...

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime

15. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    And I probably should show some respect to Philly. Nice post, good story. I didn't even know this was going down. Good for them for being a little less stupid than so many other cities. I hope others will fall in line. California is still alive and there aren't people smoking blunts all over the sidewalks. Washington state is still alive and well. Colorado hasn't imploded yet. With so many different social and economic changes in this country recently, it's time everyone gets a little more tolerant across the board and not just topics that fit their agenda.

16. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I know plenty of white dudes that have been locked up for drugs.

17. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Indeed, see my link above. Police that need to fill quotas tend to hang out in places where they can pick the low hanging fruit 24/7, white or black, it don't matter. A drug arrest is a drug arrest. There are just cultural difference in the way certain people conduct business. Standing on a street corner with a pocket full of crack and a dirty burner at 2am in the projects is a sure fire way to have encounters with the piglets. So, it's no secret that the piggies look for this behavior.

18. Ghost of SJB II

Ghost of SJB II Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Hey, I said I'm not going to hassle you, and I'm not.

I'm just discussing ...

Oh, first of all, JAWN, weed decrim in Philly is totally new. Nutter finally signed the damn bill. Yeah, you didn't get locked-up, but you got a criminal offense.....a ticket to appear in court. Go look at Philly Norml on Facebook. Weed decrim started on Oct 20.

Ok, now MIS, cops do NOT turn a blind eye to white dudes smoking weed in Philly at all. Not at all. The thing is there are way more black dudes walking around puffing herb in public in Philly than there are white boys doing it.

Plus, we all know how blatant dudes from the ghetto are.

Plus, they tend to do it in high drug trafficking neighborhoods where the police are all over on the prowl.

Now, there's this thing in our country where people say minorities get locked-up for drugs more than white people.

Well, of course they do. And the reason is......

Because blacks and Puerto Ricans stand on the corners yelling " DOPE .....READIES....." at passing vehicles. They sell drugs on open air drug corners which makes them easy pickings.

You don't see that happening in many whitey areas.

Of course, the cops will hassle some black dudes on North Hancock St over some white boys slinging on Jasper St. But that's how Jesus wants it.

Also black people in Philly commit 20 times more crimes than the whites do.

19. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    not arguing bear, but I want to say, sometimes being white and committing crime is like having an invisibility cloak on, while when one commits crimes while black, its like wearing a LED light up jacket

and this statement:
    Also black people in Philly commit 20 times more crimes than the whites do.

while anecdotally possibly true, isnt back by fact