Question about Northeastern

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by akaBoardBoy, Jul 21, 2009.

1. tyrone

tyrone Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    What a random question for a surf forum. I would say that Delaware is part of the Northeast and Maryland isn't. The Mason Dixon runs between these two states.

2. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    northeastern what? MD and Del are typically classified as mid-atlantic states.

3. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    there is no real defined lines... sometimes delaware and maryland could be considered northeast, but generally speaking, we are talking about north of New York.

For swellinfo purposes, northeast is north of New Jersey, just for grouping purposes. It is subjective.

4. akaBoardBoy

akaBoardBoy Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Ok. I want to know if Delaware and Maryland are part of Northeastern states. I am starting Northeastern Deaf Surfriders. There is other deaf surfer from the south starting Southern Deaf Surfriders. We are not sure if Delaware and Maryland are belongs to Northeastern or Southern. That is why I am asking a question.

5. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    like i said it is subjective. if you are cutting the east coast and half, then it makes sense to include delaware/maryland in the northeast.

6. beaner

beaner Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2006
    why not join forces and do an East Coast Deaf Riders?

7. akaBoardBoy

akaBoardBoy Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Yes I did thought of that. That wouldn't work out anyway. Deaf community is too small and better off to split up between Northeastern and Southeastern. So higher chance deaf people will come to meet up somewhere in the Northeastern or Southeastern near their homes. That way, people wouldn't complain to drive too far away from their home. It also helped the community to come closer together.

Shaka