Quicksilver Pro New York info

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Behind The Sun, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Behind The Sun

Behind The Sun Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
  2. Behind The Sun

Behind The Sun Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    and yes, I know, Quiksilver.

3. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I saw this on the NYNJ Forum. This is gonna bring alot of buisness to Longbeach and the city or offical wanting to cancel this is out of his mind

If you wanna voice you opinoin please I urge you to do so by either contacting that Longbeach city manager

@ Charles Theophan: 516 431-1001 ctheofan@longbeachny.org

Or

in the Longbeach Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/longbeachnewyork

The voice of the people has to be heard and this event must go on !

4. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Quicksilver Pro -Ny is back on public out cry actually works!

5. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    they are doing an absolutely terrible job with this. from here: http://www.aspworldtour.com/2011/08...surf-contest-will-run-update-from-long-beach/

they have a ONE DAY window to hold trials for the final contest additions. that is ABSURD! what if it's 1ft onshore nothing? are they going to flip a coin?? some of the best surfers in the world competing to be on a world tour event in no surf. bad job #1.

cancelling all of the events around the contest - concerts, skatepark, etc? what is the reason? not enough $? isn't quicksilver paying for this?

6. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    one day for the trials is typical...what do they care they're just the trialists :p

They had to tear down a lot of the stuff for the festivities in preparation for Irene. They don't have the time or resources to rebuild for the event. The city's resources have been diverted to the Irene aftermath (restoration/clean-up).

7. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    yeah, but, it's not like we're in cali or hawaii where there is a contestable wave more often than not. we just had 3 months of FLATNESS!

8. bushwood

bushwood Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    They city cant justify doing eveything that needs to be done ot set up an event with stages ramps etc while some people are still without power and a place to live. Quiksilver will surely move concerts and such to NY city and work out some sort of commuter service for ASAP surfers to be at promos shows etc in the city. I just hope they get great south swell form Kiata and the peaks are firing. The back up venue cant happen, you cant physically get down to Rodanthe anymore Highway 12 got washed away.