Finbox was completely tore out of blank with BIG chunks of the foam removed to get rid of all of the bad glass and foam chunks. I would normally just use resin and q-cell for this type of repair, but decided instead of adding all that extra resin, it made more sense to replace a bunch of missing foam with foam. Fin removed and hole in board prepared for replacement: Hole filled with 3 lb. density pourfoam. This stuff expands a LOT! ....and sands down flush easily. sanded pour foam painted to match the board...or so i thought: Futures fin slot routed in the foam. I spent a LOT of time measuring the location from the other front fin. BIG ISSUE...i knew it was coming but it was worse than i thought...the router jig is really made to sit on a foam blank and stay in place Sitting on a finished surfboard it just wants to slide around when the router starts vibrating. If the jig moves even a little while your cutting the slot, the repair just went off the rails. I ended up clamping the jig to the board with big wood working clamps. I was very glad when this step was done. new fin box ready to set in with resin and a bit of milled fibers to thicken/strengthen: New finbox set in with the resin/fibers: fin slot taped off and area masked off and glass patch (2 x 4 oz.) set up: By this time its obvious the paint (which matched initially) is darker with the resin over top. I guess i knew colors darken when glassed, but oh well. Few steps compressed here, but the lamination was feathered, then hotcoated, then sanded out and feathered to the surrounding board. The more sanding out, the more obvious it is that the paint was too dark.