Rhode Island Spots

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by hcsurf15, Apr 7, 2013.

1. hcsurf15

hcsurf15 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    im going to URI next year and want to know where i should surf. Obviosuly Montanuk, Ruggs, and jusith are good but what other spots should i check cause i have no idea where gets good when, and which beaches take in swells the best. any advice would be great!!!

2. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Cool man, I was just at Matunuck and Gansett yesterday. I scored at Matunuck. I also entered an ESA comp. at Gansett. Waves were FIRING. Breaking on the outer bar and the barge was exposed from the low tide. About spots, I don't know your skill level, but Monahan's Dock is great when its on. Sometimes around the corner from Monahan's is Little Rincon, which breaks from almost the tip of Monahan's Dock all the way to almost the Coast Guard House. (Restaraunt). You named the rest of the spots. I can't really give you much info on when each spot is best. I'm hoping to go to URI also when I'm older. Ruggles is going to get destroyed though. Check it out on Surfline.

3. my name just does not fit

my name just does not fit Member

Sep 8, 2012
    dang i was at judith yesterday and it was just sloppy, how did matunuck look yesterday?

4. cackedinri

cackedinri Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    kidddd wtf

5. skeglegged

skeglegged New Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Knee to waist high mush = firing?

6. RhodyPedro

RhodyPedro Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Don't give people from connecticut a bad name by naming every spot in our state

7. shark-hunter

shark-hunter Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Yeah really....no reason for this at all. Let people figure it out for themselves.

8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    +3 Thank you guys.