ryan mack might be the biggest tool box in NJ possibly the entire east coast.

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by ihatelongboarders, Sep 24, 2015.

1. shaunfig

shaunfig Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Metard your photo buck is one of the most random things i ever seen. 10/10

2. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Sorry to be a grammar cop, but I believe the phrase is "to its their own."

Jeez kids, pay attention in school ....

3. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    What does he think of Swellinfo's infatuation with Bretanna?

She's got a lot of fans on here. I mean, there were guys following their Instagram feud and posting live updates and commentary here. Some people have even written poems about her.

It's almost like she's more famous than Mack.

4. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Do you know Bretanna is coming down to coconuts for Spring Break? Cuzz I heard Kappa Delta wazz making the trip and I told my boys I'd be all over that after the mack attack.

5. White Sea Ape

White Sea Ape Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Ryan Mack. Calling Ryan Mack !!

6. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    If you have the money for the correct gear/equipment, the right spot/setup, and the time; anyone can produce Mag quality photos.

....Especially in the digital age,... buy a 15 dollar book that will tell you the exact settings for specific environments,... then you simply press the BUTTON. It is really simple. Do not let anyone lie to you.

The hard part is trying to be relevant (networking?), Or as I like to call it ( sucking up to whom ever it takes).

Sorry, but homey don't play that. But others do it very well, or try I guess.

Yes you need to be able to swim well (in water pics) and you need some decent rippers. PRO's are not necessary!, but can't hurt your chances.

If someone wants to proof read my post, for errors,.thanks in advance.

7. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    [video=youtube;9kFdJfe7fZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kFdJfe7fZU[/video]

8. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    We laughs at his posts too. (Your posts).

9. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    i just think its funny in all his surfline feature things everyones like "its so cold down here, this IS winter surfing" and its all about jersey and the Mid-Atlantic which has been mild this year, and very mild in comparison to New England where people don't ***** about the cold and brag about how it makes them "winter warriors". his shots reinforce this with people wearing neoprene wind masks and snow all over the beach when in reality most days aren't that bad.

10. SkegLegs

SkegLegs Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Photography was always what people did that couldn't participate in skating or surfing. I agree with Xgen here, the digital age makes photography beyond easy at this point. Not to mention the internet is over saturated with videos / photos so no one really gives a **** anymore, hence the reason all the mags and industry is in turmoil.

For you older guys, remember having a copy of a 411 or a copy of Endless Summer II (because it was the only thing you could get your hands on) and watching that **** 15 times a week. Now I can open a browser and see anything I want in seconds. Who cares at this point. When's the last time you got hyped for anything??

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Dude, 411 was awesome! I also subscribed to Thrasher back in the day too :)

12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

13. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I subscribed to Thrasher, too! My friends and I had an Indy skate mag called, "Dog Bite" that we sold at a couple of local skate stores. Two issues... We were core...

14. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Nice, there was a show on TV I use to watch too, I think it might of been on MTV? Can't remember. I remember watching it and then going out and trying to imitate what I saw as a kid. That's where I learned to wall ride lol

15. White Sea Ape

White Sea Ape Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Should we make a east coast surf photographer shame list ?
    Like we all just toss names out then compile a shame list ? Because Being a silver spoon photo yuppie isn't cool.

16. jay cagney

jay cagney Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    meh I used to shoot surf photos but I don't have that kind of time anymore. If I'm at the beach, I'm surfing not watching.

17. CDsurf

CDsurf Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    Who cares? He is what, 18? Let him put his time in before he can call the shots. Also, he is a boogieboarder in NJ. You cant play hardass local role when you are a boogieboarder on the east coast. It just doesn't make you tough, badass, respected.. etc. The Hawaiians I think are the only respected boogies in the world. So just stop. I'm embarrassed for this kid.

18. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Yes, he can get too be a bit much with playing up winter surfing. This year has been mild with a few days through in that were really cold. I can't say I think NJ is very mild compared to NE though. The water temp is usually only 1-2 degrees colder but the air temp can be a big difference.

19. CDsurf

CDsurf Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    True. I don't get cold in the winter. After 2 hours my toes get cold but I am warmer in my wetsuit in the winter than I am without one in the summer. The worst part is the duck diving.

20. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    is this thread still really happening??