Shattered Iphone

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Thewaternerd, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Thewaternerd

Thewaternerd Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    What to do? Brand new iphone 6. Glass screen protector + Case= No protection when it matters.

I know this is a surf forum but we got some genuises on here. Yall wanna help a brotha out and hook me up with some advice (other than to man up).

Thanks in advance.

2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Go to the mall kiosk and pay $70 to replace the screen

3. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Yelp search iPhone repairs in your area.

There is actually a ton of YouTube videos to do yourself. Just by the parts.

4. Thewaternerd

Thewaternerd Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Its not better for Apple to do it? If another company applies a screen then apple has no control over anything. they practically wipe their hands clean and flee from the situation.

Apple runs 109 plus tax and s&h

5. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Let me put it to you this way.
    I flooded my MacBook keyboard with red wine. Sh1ts real sticky when dry.
    Apple wanted 600 quid for "repairs"
    eBay a new keyboard with backlight and tools 50 + 10 (same currency)

That being said I did obliterate my girls Galaxy S Tre with my homemade repairs.
    But my apple work is solid so far.

On a side note $100 isn't $600 soooo... Could be a sober thought to shell out the loot and cringe for a little bit.
    Still got warranty on that bad boy?
    Also do you pay for a protection plan?
    Like for $10 a month I got this thing where tmo will replace the phone or something with a deductible.
    Weigh your options and go with whatever makes you feel best about your decision.
    Me personally? Since that Galaxy fiasco I doubt my skills with screens, but at the same time I'm the kinda dude to poke at it again, given the opportunity.... Knock on wood.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  6. rxsurf90

rxsurf90 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Check around the malls mang. There's usually someone willing to do it for $40-50

7. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Go for the apple repair.

Got a repair done to a cracked ipad screen by a third party (i.e. mall kiosk) and it was very poor quality. Wasn't an apple made screen and could almost peel off. It cracked again because of the horrible quality.

100 is great price to repair your $800 phone. Go for it, or just live with the cracks.

By the way, there really arent many willing to do it for 40-50 because thats about what the high quality and genuine apple screen actually costs. It's usually more likely around 80 for labor and crappy materials... but if you want the quality materials go with the apple repair.

By the way, I suggest a speck case for your phone. This brand of case has given survival for 2 years to my apple device.

8. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Brah shoulda bought the iphone 8

Then you could spend your time practicing full KFC turns and not at the mall fixing your phone.