Should I buy a Channel Islands?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by hbsurfer, Jun 13, 2011.

Which Board?

1. Channel Islands Neckbeard $650+TAX

33.3%
  2. Custom Dock $400

66.7%
  1. hbsurfer

hbsurfer New Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Hey guys, I live in HB, and i am on my school\'s surf team. I demoed the CI Neck beard and I really liked it. I am 16, and am getting a summer job, and I have enough money to buy one, but I have a problem. Through my surf team, we get Dock surfboards for $400. Do you think it is worth the $700 or should i go with a custom Dock for $400? I do want to save the money, but I wouldn\'t mind spending extra if I love it.

2. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009

3. spongedude

spongedude Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    considering scobey's idea, i am guessing if you had the scratch to buy both, you would...so if it is one or the other, board specs aside, consider this...spending bigger bucks on a product you will keep for a while is smart, so if the board you are buying will still fit your size and wave selection in a few years, invest in the better board.
    if you will likely grow out of the board, or beat the hell out of it transporting with a team or traveling, go lower price and save yer ducats for investing in something more quality when you are going to be able to enjoy it for a longer time. i hope that made sense....

4. spongedude

spongedude Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    do you LOVE it? enough to rue the day you chose the dock? don't buy something you will regret every time you paddle out....

5. cgrizzard

cgrizzard Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Man the Neckbeard looks sick... I just got a dumpster diver not too long ago and I love it, so I know that board is money