sinus infection - WTF?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by eppeldaa, Aug 30, 2011.

1. eppeldaa

eppeldaa Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I guess some of you were right about paddling out in doodie water.
    I spent 4 hours in the water Sunday and Monday morning I had yellow boogers the size of chiclets...

2. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    get SinuCleanse. Will help tons.

3. cgrizzard

cgrizzard Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Yeah I dont know if I was the only one, but I could just tell the water was sick. Smelled kinda weird, tasted weird, and had a different feeling in my eyes. I'm actually surprised I didn't get an infection. Good luck, tighten that sh*t up before it gets too crazy!

4. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    I ALWAYS blow my nose during and after I surf. Bow your head and shake that dirty water out of your sinus and BLOW BABY!!!

5. JERSEYboarder

JERSEYboarder Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
  6. bags of jay

bags of jay Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2008
    i was seriously skeeved out by the water on sunday. smelled like surfing in a porta-potty

7. rDJ

rDJ Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Surfed Sunday, Monday AM and Monday afternoon. I'm feeling like I'm getting sick. Definitely some nasty run-off.

8. Alvin

Alvin Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    We had some green stuff in the water Sunday in OCMD. Just have to keep your mouth closed but also really rinse well afterward including your ears and nose. Could feel it the next day or so but worth those big, beautiful, clean waves from Irene. Hurricanes always dredge up gunk from the bottom. Be prepared and increase the foods that fight against it.

9. fupafest

fupafest Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I HAVE ONE TOO!!!! I used about a gallon of water in my NetiPot and still had the most discusting green garbage coming out of my nose. I'm really scared to be the next Timmy Turner. (He got a staph brain infection from discusting water up his nose). The water was by far the nastiest water I've ever been in. Got to get a post nasty water routine, NetiPot, mouthwash, shower. Since doing this I haven't been as sick I as I have in the past.

10. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    that cannot be safe

11. Surferdann

Surferdann Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    After my month long bout with a sinus and ear infection plus bells palsy from Earl last year...I sucked it up and decided NOT to go Sunday/Monday. The runoff coming from some of these streams is, for a lack of other words, toxic. For example, the Middlesex County town I work in lost power to a sewage pump station, which overflowed to the streets, which was flooded from the nearby stream. Guess where that all is now?

12. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    C'mon your a Jersey Boy...toughin up!

13. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I got absolutely SCRAMBLED on a set wave Sunday, when the water looked like tobacco juice. Totally ground up and spit out. Took me a minute to get my bearings. Anyway... yesterday I STILL had water running out of my nose from that drilling. I'm just kinda waiting and seeing what happens next...

14. fupafest

fupafest Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I'm taking my chances, its only saline solution. I saw pieces actual FECAL COLIFORM come out of my nose. Needless to say, I'm washing that sh*t out literally. :eek:

15. Organize Surfers

Organize Surfers New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Ocean Illness Form

The Jersey Shore Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation is tracking this type of thing. If you are in NJ, go to this site http://jerseyshore.surfrider.org/campaigns/ocean-illness/ and click the link to the Ocean Illness Form. This happens more than you'd think and the Chapter wants to track it as a first step to doing something about it.

16. Organize Surfers

Organize Surfers New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    The Jersey Shore Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation is tracking this type of thing. If you are in NJ, go to this site http://jerseyshore.surfrider.org/cam...ocean-illness/ and click the link to the Ocean Illness Form. This happens more than you'd think and the Chapter wants to track it as a first step to doing something about it.

17. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    is it safe yet? cuz ive been surfing all day and there are some fun ones out there right now

18. eppeldaa

eppeldaa Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Ok

Ok- I neilmed-Ed alot and took zinc and slept.
    I think it will not stick...
    Im thankful for that. I hate sinus stuff

19. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Always happens after flooding/overflow of that magnitude...definitely use the neti pot as soon as you can after the session and once a day after that if you feel something funky goin on up there haha. I got a good one last summer that lasted over two weeks, sinus problems suck but if you got some good ones then it was probably worth it!

20. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Hey, just be glad you got to surf some nice waves. I had to go to my friends' bacholer weekend and missed all of it...i would have taken sickness no problem to score on those waves....killed me the whole time I was away....then if it couldn't get any worse, it took us 9 hours to make a 2.5 hour drive back home. We were pushing trees off roads to get home and driving through flooded out roads.