skimmers

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by delsurf73, Jun 2, 2013.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Cool, otherwise I might have to challenge you to a bench off.

2. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I think we have that answer.

3. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Just tell them that mom was looking for them and its time for cartoons and a nap. Skimmers = less than 12 years old, right?

4. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    To me it's not important who wins the bench off. As long as you've still got the fastest car on the block, that's all that really matters. But to it's their own...

5. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Whats the hardest part about skimming? Finding a place on the beach to hide your rollerblades.

6. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    ^^^^^Good stuff, both of you guys.

7. Skima

Skima New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    What do you have against skimmers. Last time I checked Delaware is better known for its world class skimmers not its subpar Middle Ages long boarders. I agree there is a distinct pecking order that must be followed but don't be rude (or jealous for that matter) just because someone rides a skimboard and they're killing it and your not. Another thing is the naval jetty is more or less the unofficial cape high Beach so of you don't want to deal with skimmers or any young uneducated waterman I suggest driving to ocean city where your kind is welcome.

8. Skima

Skima New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    These are world class skimmers the bet of the best. I don't think that they would cut someone off, and even if they did they have priority due to there skill level

9. ThatSlyB

ThatSlyB Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I surf and I "roller blade". Is that an issue?

10. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    The latter is possibly an issue for your sex life, but it's an offset or better when you add in the former. It's all
    about the net gain though.

11. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Totally unfair to you and I'd win. Used to compete in powerlifting meets (aka real bench offs) in college. But I went from brick $hit house in college to svelte, symmetrical, and functional these days. I'm dumbbells and kettlebells all the way now for circuit training. Little to no barbell. Then again, I've barely circuit trained weights once every week or two the last few months since the spring swell jumped off and I was on the water hours per day.

If there is ever any pissing match needing an outcome, can we pick something exotic that neither of us have proficiency in? Open to ideas for sure. I'm thinking freerunning. So sick.

12. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Gotta be truthful and say I'd win this too. By no means is my German modded to the gills, but I'll smoke any ricer and a fair amount of more powerful Euro imports on driving skill alone. You could put a stick shift in a washing machine and I could make it move fast. My driving record is the length of Kelly's ASP event win record.

My corpse better not be caught dead in the Garden State, but musculature on both the human and auto frames is up there with hunting, fishing, construction, and destruction on the male value system.

13. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Thanks, Broseidon. My skin's always been 50mm with liquid steel-taped seams. I had food on the table, a TMNT shirt on my back, and air in my basketball at all times, though I grew up in a middle-class family a block away from the projects. Just because I throw a counter-jab as I slip a hook doesn't mean I'm being sensitive. Chuck Liddell made a career off going on the offensive while stepping out of his opponent's range.

The aggro on here is rampant these days. Those of us who were sparring with wit and words days and weeks ago have cooled out while this battle for right to New World Order has ensued among a mosaic of demographic characters.

PJB, for the love of Laird, what do we need to do to spur on the next round of war between Sir Skims Alot and WRG Boy? If they don't tap gloves and go at it for another 5-minute round, I say we each pick a role and dramatize.

14. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    There are two pieces of wisdom from our Garden State profit that fit well here: 1/"Don't write checks your mouth can't bounce"; and 2/"Surfing, bench pressing, you name it, IT'S ON!" I don't have time to dig them up and quote them, but trust me, they're there. Do your research if you don't believe me. I'll out bench, out squat, and out deadlift you any day compadre.

*oops forgot to say...I'm not much of a runner, so let's leave that out of the equation, but after seeing your Chuck Liddell reference, maybe you're an mma guy too, I'm always game for a friendly grappling session.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  15. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    You talking about NJshred as the prophet? Or profit made in NJ by bouncing checks?

What was his best 3 lift total? I would assume his big, brown lady is at least good for a 1RM if not a double or triple.

16. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Ahh you got me, only had one cup of coffee, excuse the grammatical error...but you're right, he has made some good profits this year on the NYSE, according to him anyway.

17. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Running (distance) is for people who like baseball and paint-drying. I love a good 1.5-2.5mi sprint with lots of hills but that's about it and only done for the muscular endurance and lactic acid clearance for other primary sports I do, not to mention the good oxidative response.

If we were having a lift-off, we may as well choose implements that have actual applications to real sports like the power clean, clean and jerk (or press), or clean and snatch. One of my favs still these days even though I've nearly eliminated heavy barbell work for lack of cost/benefit on the joints is hang clean to front squat (with very low catch & full FS ROM) to push press. Try a few sets of those at the gym and see who stands in your way on your way out. They think you're a freak after that, but it's just some good old compound movements superimposed on each other.

Gi or no Gi on the grappling? Striking? Lots to choose from these days with how we'd set that up. I train several disciplines separately and together. It's all great stuff.

But I was talking about a reality show type of challenge that neither of us have any experience whatsoever in.

18. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    I thought he was sticking to trading on NASDORQ these days, no?

19. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Hehehe, that would explain his absence.

20. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    This thread is like saying, today I was surfing and these damn kids were building sandcastles right in my way!