Sooo is this part of the forum dead?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by saltcreep, Jun 8, 2015.

1. saltcreep

saltcreep Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    I'm only 5'7 and still kinda new. the term "head"or "over head" seems to be loose terms.

2. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Hey there, Saltcreep. I'm Paulie from Galveston. Been livin here a few years, so I'm still kinda new on the Island. I stay pretty much between 17th and 37th Streets. Seems that the closer you get to 37th, the surf quality goes up. Ain't never been waay down south to Jamaica Beach. LOL Looks like we're fixin to have us a week or so of chest high Victory at Sea y'all, startin Saturday. It's barely startin now. The lake we had for so long is just startin to churn.

We all get to go out this weekend and see if we remember how to surf!

Welcome up there in "umble" dude.

ps - metard could easily get a sponsorship from Adobe for his Photoshop skillz. Just sayin...

:p

3. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    ibc .....good to see around here again

4. saltcreep

saltcreep Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    I try not to get to close to the seawall anymore because of when my truck got broken into right off it. literally was sitting in the Ben and Jerry's and they stole my wife's purse and several other things. so it left a bad taste in my mouth to say the least. If you want to see the spot in Jamaica I'd gladly like to talk it over in PMs. Im staying out there all this weekend because we're getting decent surf. :)

5. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010

Perfect!

Belmar all the way! Blows every other surfing board spot out of the water!

Belmar- all day every day

Right on Gaff

6. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    So am I to believe ...

That in Texas ... skinheads drive hours from the Branch Davidian complex on weekends, camping at the beach, battling for two-foot onshore chop in mud-sewage.

And in Jersey (or at least Belmar), you have to wear a light wetsuit, but the wind gently blows offshore glass, and with the slightest crouch and pump, a beautiful head-high green wave automatically barrels you?

7. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    LOL

Ain't life grand?

Of course we hope for the day, or few hours, when the wind dies and it cleans up. The ultimate is when a front comes through with solid offshores. It's sweet for a few hours til it's blown away.

Yo Metard. Hope life's been treatin ya well.

8. les freese

les freese Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Tropical Storm Bill. Surfsides Inside is pretty fun today.

9. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
  10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Was wondering the same

11. saltcreep

saltcreep Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Was pretty fun but I don't go to surfside. I saw the beach cams for it and it was crowded stupidly. plus I'm still learning how to surf around others so I don't think going out and hitting someone on "accident" would be a good idea.

12. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Maybe outside: 1) Was weak and crumbly. 2) Wouldn't carry you across the dead spot before the reform.

It's kinda hard to tell. I don't venture south of Galveston, so not sure. There's lots of days here where I sit inside, at the end of the rock groins, on porpoise. Outside too crumbly, teaser sh**. Wave will wall up, make you think it's gonna deliver, then sputters out, nada. I hate teasers. Just stay inside and have way more fun, git me some, etc.

We got a few days of fun here, but they got the real deal down south on the south side of the eye.

Maybe next time...

It's nice to be talkin about this stuff though!