South FL 4/23

Discussion in 'Weather and Surf Forecasting' started by Kyle, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Anyone else see the forecast today, it say 2-4ft and clean, off-shore winds, I'm salivating waiting to get off work, am I getting my hopes up for nothing?

2. KZsurf

KZsurf Member

Apr 23, 2012
    What part of SFL are you in? If you are new to the SFL area, learn to not get you hopes up for forecast hype (for the most part) SFL is hard to accurately forecast with a lot of the surf around here coming from localized weather. You just gotta put it the time do your spot checks to get it when its on!!

I am sitting at work watching the cams hoping for some swell to arrive for a post work sesh! Fort Laud had its moments this weekend, an hour here an hour there with some clean south lines peeling!

3. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    I'm in Jupiter, I've noticed it is a bit fickle here, haven't been here long. I'm watching the cam seeing clean conditions, but no swell....guess I'll have to make the trip and hope for the best.

4. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Go to the inlet. I'm in between FT. Pierce and Jupiter and Swellinfo has been on point.
    Hell, sometimes its bigger. Last light for me today.

5. TeddyK

TeddyK Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    I just got out of the water...thigh high lefts...offshore...nothing crazy...but def worth getting wet. Tomorrow's forcast is even better. I love working from home...living on the beach. Get wet!

6. H20pulse

H20pulse New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    yes. it sucked. you didn't miss anything.