Spring swell.

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by shorebreaker, Jun 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. shorebreaker

shorebreaker Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    These last few weeks have been pretty damn good here in central NJ... Two weekends ago there was some fun medium sized waves, this past Saturday was perfect with chest - shoulder high+ waves rolling through and even yesterday we got some fun, perfect peeling 2-3 footers... and it looks like some medium sized swell coming in this weekend as well... Life is just better when there are waves.

You guys thinking the same? Did I just jinx us? Hoping this continues throughout the summer (wishful thinking)... All is swell recently. :cool:

2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    No truer words have been spoken... virtually, that is.

3. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I think it's been a pretty decent spring myself.

4. mtiz257

mtiz257 Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Also the sandbars are sick after sandy. One of the best winters in my lifetime. Hopefully it continues

5. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Yes, so many spots are working so well.

6. Gilman Photography

Gilman Photography Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    incredible out there this morning solid chest to head on the sets and dolphins all over the place surfing and jumping

7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Gorgeous looking wave, you guys have fun out there!

8. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    It's been 1-2 with some 2-3 here in VA Bch. Not big, but fun for the longer boards. High tide not so good. Lots of dolphins this afternoon. Swarms of biting flies the past few days. A real gauntlet racing back to the car. Lousy things swarm all over you and the board. They get in the car and bite your legs while yer driving home. Are these flies a problem all summer or just for a few weeks?

9. supa76

supa76 Active Member

Mar 25, 2013
    could be worse you could cut grass for a living hate those little baastards every year for the first couple of weeks after heavy rain and suuper heat i get eatn alive usually only last a couple weeks though

10. ThatSlyB

ThatSlyB Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Spring has been alright, only 2 major swell events that I can think of over shoulder high.

After a February and March like we had, it would be pretty hard for the Spring to be impressive. It was ok. But it wasn't winter.

11. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Member

Jul 28, 2011
    P1000354.jpg

View from the wall @ Narr. Town Beach this past Saturday.

12. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I've got to admit,after Sandy everything looked pretty messed up but things are now better then ever in my view.Stud,I have to give you props.You called it! We will see after summer when they do the beach replenishment .So enjoy it now.

13. shorebreaker

Aug 29, 2010
    Can't say I disagree at all because you're right but I guess I was thinking more of consistency... Although we've only had a couple major swells, I feel like we've had some medium sized swell running in between the bigger swells or every week (for the most part) at least giving us the chance to get out there, maybe on a longer board, and have some pretty fun, clean rides.. In my mind, you can't beat that... And in all honesty, a tropical storm in the beginning of June?!?... I'll take that any day.

14. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    im suprised the crowds have not been that bad... at least at my break- you know that popular jetty in monmouth county... at least in my opion and when there are a few extra guys out- they really arnt catching any waves!!!

15. shorebreaker

Aug 29, 2010
    Two days ago, it was me and a few of my buddies and no one else out there... it was waist-stomach high perfect peeling waves rolling through and it was all for ourselves... I was amazed.. Maybe everyone was surfed out from TS Andrea? lol

16. Gilman Photography

Gilman Photography Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    dont know whats going on with the lack of crowds lately, past three days have been really good here and only seen 2 or three of the other locals out its like they all vanished or something

17. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Well you North Jersey SOB's had the good winter. Every frickin swell had SW or WSW at frickin 20-50 mph. That's no exagerration neither. My chaffuer doesn't take me to North Jersey. So, all of those wonderful swells you had were kind of trucked down here. Oh, I went out but it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth knowing 30 miles away horrible people were getting the goods.

Forget spring, we are just talking June. And June so far has been nice. Andrea Saturday was pretty dang good, of course there's that SW wind again, but it remained unpredicted light. Sunday was rippable as shoot. Yesterday(Wednesday) was rippable as shoot. Another front is coming through right as I type. I hear the thunder approaching. Severe T-Storms and possible tornados............OMG. Youse guys watch out today. Things could get hairy. Then again maybe they won't. I love you guys.