Stormy

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by nopantsLance, Mar 31, 2018.

1. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Just curious... Why did you paycheck go up? Your campany gave you $ they saved in taxes?
    I got screwed from the tax reform, but I'm not really complaining. I do have significantly more $ in my 401K and other investments than I did before DJT, so that eases the pain.

As far as Trumps taxes I don't really care... But the fact is he was elected because he was a "successful billionaire"
    You just said "he's a billionaire." How do you know that. He's obviosly very rich, but if his tax returns show that he's running businesses in to the ground doesn't that matter since he ran on being a great businessman? Again, I don't care. But it does seem suspect that a guy that likes to show off how much has has doesn't want to prove it.

As far as doing what he said he was going to do he has. Whether you like what he's done or not he has tried to follow through on most promises... EXCEPT the wall. He blames dems for not approving tax money for the wall when he said over and over that Mexico would pay for it (and peeps ate it up). I ain't Mexican, why is he asking for my tax dollars to pay for a wall.

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

One possibility on your NOT seeing an increase in your paycheck, if you live in NY state, it is my understanding they quietly RAISED taxes a bit to take what DJT gave you. It is a intensely Democrat State - they deserve your money; you don't. <grin> Cuomo needs another house near Bernie's 6 houses in VT, vacationland for liberals!!!

DawnPatrol321 likes this.

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    What Barry said regarding living in NY vs. FL, state / local government I believe may be true. My wife's paycheck is a little bigger too, most everybody I know got something, but most everybody I know lives in FL.

I don't think Trump was elected solely because he is a successful businessman. To some that may be important, to me that's not very important. Yeah it helps to understand how business works to help create policy that provides an environment for business / economy growth. But I don't think you have to be a billionaire to come up with those policies. I don't think being a successful business owner means you will be a successful president anymore than being a successful lawyer would. Even if you are 100-0 in court, that doesn't mean you will create good policies.

Me personally, my criteria for selecting a President is as follows:

* Do they love America and everything it stands for and was founded upon, and will they put Americans first and defend our Nation in every aspect tooth and nail?
    * Are the policies they are campaigning on good for the country?
    * Are the policies they are campaigning on good for me personally?
    * Do I believe they will keep their promises?
    * Are they better than the alternative?

I'm sure I could list other reasons, but those are pretty basic and make the point I'm getting at.

I really could care less what his taxes look like. Maybe he is hiding something, maybe he really isn't a billionaire, maybe he's just a 900 millionaire lol, IDK, matters little to me. I'm sure he has his reasons, maybe it's just to toy with the media and Dems who are obsessed with wanting to know? Again, doesn't really matter, but I get the curiosity.

As for the wall, it is already being built in some areas. A lot of extra funding got pushed to the Military in the last funding bill that he will be using to build portions of the wall and invest in other related things. Mexico will pay for it when they renegotiate NAFTA or something.

He had to do what he had to do to get the process moving. I think Chuck Schumer told him, look I'll give you the money for the wall but we can't call it that, we'll just say it's for the military and then you can use the money from there. That way you get the wall but it doesn't look bad for me politically and we can use DACA as a debate topic for the next election. Notice Chuck has been a bit more quiet lately?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Archie???

5. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  6. edk

edk Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
  7. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    La_Piedra likes this.
  8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Here's an article that might help in understanding what is happening.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-exodus-from-high-tax-states-report-says.html

9. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Everybody already knows Cohen paid off Stormy for Trump.

Do you believe that this will be grounds for impeachment?

What exactly is your point, trollski?

10. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
  11. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    He's pointing out how the president has stated in that past that "pleading the 5th" is an admission of guilt.... and Cohen is pleading the 5th in the Daniels v. Cohen civil case.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Mine went down due to the individual tax rate change, not due to the corporate tax rate change.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    It’s his only defense since he doesn’t have attorney client privilege anymore.

14. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    As prefaced by my opening statement, "Everybody already knows that Cohen paid off Stormy for Trump".

My point being, everybody already knows.

So, what exactly is *his* point, except being a troll and a shill?

He's a big boy, he can speak for himself.

15. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Agreed. Defamation is going to be hard to prove on her part.

Regardless, the president certainly didn't do his friend any favors with his "only guilty people plead the 5th" comment.

16. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah he said that before this happened though, convenient argument at the time but not so much now. I’m sure he didn’t see this coming.

17. arthurdigbysellers

arthurdigbysellers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2017
    I'm sorry I couldn't hear that, take the penis out of your mouth and try againe?

18. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
  19. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    I know, what a dumbass. I guess he never thought that he might actually be the Prez one day lol.

But on the other hand, I don't know of one single magnate or corporate leader who says the shit he does. That kind of stuff always comes back to bite you in the ass, it's just good common sense to keep some stuff close to your vest.

I like a plain talker just as much as anyone else, but more like Ross Perot kind of plain talk. You gotta be somewhat professional at all times, and the most important thing is to hold your goddam cards.