Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Jul 13, 2016.
Somewhere theres a kid that will love it
That’s what I’m talkin about.
That kid would have been me...
I glue my wetordry to pieces of foam to sand the board down
put a bit of soap in the water so the paper wont load up with junk so fast
Hit it with polishing compound , i use maquiars ,it is available at auto parts stores
A buffed glossy finish doesnt seem to yellow quite as fast as a sanded finish
All resin gets yellow eventually then brown then brown er
Personally I would just repair them and make them water tight... ride em, and if you like it keep it- if not post it on CL or give to a younger kid who wants to learn to surf...
As far as the graphics, it's really 90's but who knows someone may really like it
I think that’s what I’m gonna do, when I get the motivation.
I think the big one yes, the short one give it away today
Anyone know the shelf life of sun cure and solarez tubes?
if you can still squeeze it out its good...if its hard as a rock inside the tube then no good.
I personally like squeezing a wad of it into a cup and mixing the hell out of it with a plastic spoon to get it looser and softer before working it into a repair. It seems to me like the texture improves with some mixing especially if its an old tube, which for me it always is because i hardly ever use the stuff.
Exactly. It has been awhile since I used them. They are still soft in tube but rock hard @ spout. Small crack on tail rail...being lazy. Gonna cut the tube open for this and stir vigorously (as you suggest) and seal it up. Thx
In a pinch, you can always thin it with a little styrene, or even acetone. Don't try it with epoxy, though
It’s been a while, I finally got motivated to try and restore this old SB my neighbor was gonna trash.
The before pics are in the post I’m responding to.
Link here also: https://www.swellinfo.com/forum/threads/surf-bort-repair-thread.30141/page-14
The after pics are in next post.
The nose was busted up, the pin tail was basically gone, smashed in, and there was damage along the rails in a couple spots and on the bottom. I also switched out the traction pad and moved it back over the fins. I kept the leash loop that’s glassed on, seems pretty solid still and didn’t want to mess with that.
Overall I’m pretty happy with it. It’s not a new boart but it was free. I paid $30 for the traction pad and already had repair stuff on hand. The real test will be in the water to see if she is a dog or still has any life left.
If I don’t like it I will sell it to someone who wants a beater boart.
Btw I did everything by hand, I don’t own any equipment.
I'd blunt the tip of that tail if I were you. If you've ever had a pin tail snap back at you you'll know why. Pin tail with a pointy tail and the leash attached dead center on the stringer is a recipee for trouble.
I figured I would blunt the tip with my forehead.
Nice repairs and beautiful grass!
Thanks bud, we do our lawn ourself too lol
Nice! Now you can restore the LB.
Yep that one is next, lots of work involved with that one too, but I got nothing but time right now.