Surf fishing study

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Wacky kooky, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Gary Williams

Gary Williams Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I'd rather catch some money fish than try to look like a professional surfer and stomp the **** out of some 2 foot waves with my $700 short board in august. lol its all part of being a well rounded waterman, get with the program

2. NJ glide

NJ glide Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    I fish and surf and have been doing so since I was a little kid. I don't agree with fishermen casting at people but other than that fishing is awesome. In my experiences some fisherman are douches and i have grabbed a line that came too close in the lineup bit it off kept the gear and caught fish on it from my boat. Some surfers are just as big of douche bags, coming down the line hot with no control in crowded conditions or always sitting too far inside like a speed bump or paddling out in 3 foot waves when someone or multiple people were fishing first. You would know an ignorant douche bag or a redneck white trash surfer if you saw them, you are one of them.

3. Wacky kooky

Wacky kooky Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    When fools hear the truth they get mad. When wise men hear the truth they listen and get wiser.

4. NJ glide

Jun 8, 2013
    Great! When do you want to learn how to fish?

5. Wacky kooky

Jan 15, 2014
    Honestly i don't like to fish maybe because i don't drink. The fishermen on this thread could be among the 10% that i exempted from this study. By the way i did a real study of how fishermen act on and off the beach. Most of them are real jerks when they drink and most of the time they are drinking while fishing. This behavior ruins the good times of all the sober people who find fun in things that don't require being drunk to have fun.

6. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Just curious... Do you eat fish?

7. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    you can't just stereotype everyone of them man. Yes, i have met a bunch of douche bags that surf fish from the pier that have tried to hook me, hit me with lures, and thrown trash of the pier on purpose. I just ignore them, put the trash in my boardies or wetsuit and throw it away at the end of my session. yelling and screaming at them only provokes most of them, it' not worth getting a ticket or arrested. just tell the local authority what they are doing and that's the only thing you can do.Don't let them ruin what you love to do. There are also some very nice guys that do surf fish as well. my uncle being one of them. he always will move his lines to be safe, always respects the ocean, and is a generally all-round stand up human.

8. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    We have our first "Worst New Member" nominee for 2014!!! Wacky Kooky is on the ballot.

So we should listen to a douche bag moron and his study which is obviously biased since you don't fish? What happened nancy boy, a surf fisherman cast to near you and you crapped your new wetsuit? Go suck a cock and get the hell off SI with this crap.

Also I don't drink either and do enjoy fishing so stating that you must do one to enjoy the other proves you are dumb as a rock.

Vote Rcarter in 2014 Because if we all work together we can all hate everybody.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  9. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    dolphins and lesbians are on point: fish is delicious

wacky kooky sounds a little bitter, waiting for yankee to page him to his table

10. Wacky kooky

Jan 15, 2014
    Just read some of the posts from people who obviously fish. thanks for joining in on my study because 90% of your comments prove my point. to the other 10% happy fishing

11. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    I tried listening to the posts, but they are really really quiet. maybe I'm doing it wrong

12. NJ glide

Jun 8, 2013
    You need to do a study your self on and off the beach to discover that you sound like my girl friend during her period ...Face reality, lots of surfers drink and some even surf drunk. People in all walks of life drink or get drunk that doesn't mean they are douche bags like you. It just means they are drunk. Some people in all walks of life whether it be fishing, running, skating, surfing, kayaking, walking, working, sewing, curling, and so on are douche bags like you, some are not. And P.S. save the Confucius quotes for someone who will think it was an original thought of yours if Confucius himself heard you right now he would philosophize that you are a douche.

13. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    Ha Wacky Douchey went back and edited his post to say read instead of listened.

14. Wacky kooky

Jan 15, 2014
    You sound mad bra bra

15. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    You sound like a teenage girl on the rag.

16. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You have said some of the dumbest sh!t I've ever heard all in one thread.
    Your thread was targeted toward surf fishermen. You have never done a study on surf fishermen and found that 90% drink when they fish. That's just absurd.
    You should be proud and I'm am actually impressed. You have managed to get every fact you stated incorrect. Did you get an F on your paper or whatever you project was? Or was your teacher/professor as stupid as you?

17. revelwoacause

revelwoacause Member

Feb 14, 2012
    429916_874999018172_1845824932_n.jpg 598918_968336599038_1807190722_n.jpg 947044_577777385587722_75343521_n.jpg 1157692_917134513302_324006514_n.jpg 1186672_928917525052_1096236260_n.jpg

Uh Oh I have a beer in one of these pictures, I guess that makes me a redneck douche bag!

18. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
  19. Wacky kooky

Jan 15, 2014
    The conclusion is 90% of surf fishermen are arrogant. Just read the posts. Now imagine if you were to walk up to one of these people and say hey do you mind there are a lot of swimmers in the water right now. We haven't seen you catch a fish in two days. Do you mind finding another spot while the kids are in the water. From the examples of the responses in this thread what do you think this surf fishermen would say? You would get a arrogant insulting self centered response. Now let me remind you that these are surf fishermen who also surf that are posting arrogant remarks on here. Now imagine if this surf fisherman never knew about right of way and respect in the ocean. How arrogant do you think he would be then?

20. staystoked

staystoked Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    I love fishing, but as a surfer i hate fishermen. On many occasions i have had fights with fishermen for casting there line a foot away from me. A lot of times i do my best to ignore it, but sometime they yell at me for surfing where they fish. I have seen surfers get hooked and tangled in lines 3x since this summer. Theres got to be some mutual etiquette for us both, but in the mean time i got no problem joining the hate wagon.

-staystoked...