Surf Photographer love

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Clownface, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Clownface

Clownface Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Thanks to all the surf photographers in this world. We all really enjoy your work. I'm a huge fan of surf journalism, when done right its beautiful.

I once meet Aaron Chang when I was 10, it was like meeting a surf hero, he signed my Ashton surfboard.

There are surf photographers that are 10 times more brave than the average surfer.

Drones will never replace surf photographers

2. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    drones are a 1000x cooler than surf photographers.only decent pics are watershots where half the pic is the barrel and the other half is underwater.any dumbass with a camera can stand on the beach and take pics lol,that doesn't make u a photographer.

but yea theres some good ones out there.just not here

3. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    That's just not true duder. Matt Clark, Ryan Moore, Erik Schwab and there's a few others that get sick shots often.
    Look at the pics you probably have on you phone and then look at theirs.

4. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Aaron Chang, Art Brewer, Jeff Devine, Ryan Mack... needless I say more

5. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

The best surf photog ever is fl.surfdog!!
    His posted pictures are the best, guys!! The best!!!

6. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    I sure dig Mitchell's pix.

I wonder if Mitchell and Clownface have ever met?

7. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    I'm just a beginner but having fun with my new hobby. Wish better equipment was in the budget.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  8. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Nice CJ! Yeah, Mitchell def has some nice photos!

9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I like the pulled back shots of point breaks... where you can see the wave energy bending in sets, and the triangle of whitewater of a perfect peeler.

10. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    I like CJ's pix too. The kid pix and especially that guy in perfect trim on the fish, makes me froth

11. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Dj Struntz went to UNCW. He's a good guy and huge name in the game. Photography, like art, is subjective, so everyones opinion is null and void...example: the Basquiat painting that sold for $110 million

12. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    mack is exactly who I'm talking about lol.he does have a few good pix tho.

and yes nynj matt clark is an amazing photog.

just saying theres a difference between the ones that go swim out when its double overhead and the ones that sit on the beach with a tripod.

13. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    I agree its all opinion.look at that banksy guy,dude spray paints a stencil on the wall and people literally cut it out of the wall and sell it for a quarter mil.i do a lot of oil paintings,never sold any,but I think id be wrong if I did a painting and turned around asking a couple hundred thou for it

14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yeah I do a lot of paintings as well. In fact, I just painted/stained the back deck the other day. Just finished making a gate for it--today I will paint that one.
    Somehow though, I don't exactly feel like Vinny Van Gogh......

15. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I think Mack is one of the guys that will swim it in winter when it's well overhead but I could be wrong. I respect that.

16. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    he has.hes just the one underground photog everyone knows about so its easier to say mack than the others lol.

its all good when they just take pics and post them online for all to enjoy,its the ones that try to sell their pics who are in competition with guys like clark and struntz

17. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I hear you dude... And what about the dudes that swim out in Africa or West Oz and swim all day knowing whats down there with you. That sh!t is fuking nuts!

18. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    any sample paintings? you guys should let the SI crew appraise your work....ha....hahaha

19. luminosity

luminosity Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
  20. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    this thread is a roll call of great swellies who have moved to the other side of the ban hammer