surf purge part deux

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by njsurfer42, Apr 12, 2013.

1. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    i'm really working on simplifying things & to that end, am sticking w/ what i know works for me in terms of removable fins...solid fiberglass. these, then, are on the chopping block:

True Ames CI template, clear:
    [​IMG]
    VERY lightly used, excellent condition w/ no nicks or scratches. yours, shipped, for $55.

Soar MF template, yellow:
    [​IMG]
    Mick Fanning's signature template before he switched to FCS. much narrower tip than the FCS version, very light. Soar is an Australian fin company that is highly regarded for their quality. VERY lightly used w/ no nicks or scratches. yours, shipped, for $65.

FCS MF-1:
    [​IMG]
    these had been my go-to fin set before i got on the Soar/solid fiberglass wagon. lightly used, no nicks or scratches. yours, shipped, for $65.

FCS K2.1 quad rears:
    [​IMG]
    a great set of rear quad fins for a hp/McKee set up. been my go-to pair, but i'm not riding those types of quads anymore. yours, shipped, for $25.

FCS PC-3 fronts, red:
    [​IMG]
    pretty heavily used, but still in excellent shape. these would make an excellent pair of rear fins for a wide tailed simmons-type quad, which is exactly what i used them for. yours, shipped, for $20.

if you're local & want to pick them up, knock $5 off each price. if you're buying multiple sets, we'll talk pricing.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    FIN purge...

i can't type today. jesus.

3. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    K2.1's & MF-1's both tentatively sold...

4. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    question nj, are those SOAR fins still able to fit into an FCS fin box system?

5. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    absolutely! i use my glass ones in both plugs & fusions.

6. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
  7. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    nice. what makes them different from FCS fins, composition? sorry to hijack the thread but ive never heard of them and i am just curious

8. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    the quality is far superior, IMO, to the bulk of FCS fins on the market, & the foils are much better; thinner, so they're more efficient. the True Ames is a thin foil as well. that's what i liked about the MF-1, it's a much more efficient foil than the thick, bulky foils used on all their other fins. then i got a set of True Ames, but the flex is a bit soft for my liking (i think it's the honeycomb...but i'm big, 195lbs. i'll flex anything out), so a friend suggest the solid glass Soars. i love 'em. no looking back! i also like that they're not made in china like all the other fins; they make them in australia. shipping costs a bundle, but the quality control is much better.

9. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
  10. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    bumping back up to the top; True Ames, Soar, & PC-3's are all still available...

11. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    bumpin' back to the top...

12. surf05

surf05 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    would you happen to have any futures quad sets?

13. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    no, i don't ride futures-based fins.

14. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    this.....again. pc-3's tentatively sold. CI's also tentatively sold as well.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  15. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    bump...CI's are still available.

also could be persuaded to part ways w/ a set of the old red PG-7's for the right price...

16. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    CI's are now spoken for. PC-3 fronts are still available.

17. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    bumpin' back up... Soar MF's & PC-3 fronts still available...