Surfers vs. Bodyboarders

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Jun 14, 2018 at 12:32 PM.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I have another question, does the fins make it easier to get out on a big day vs. paddling a surfboart with arms?

2. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Funniest shit I've seen in a while, thanks for the chuckles

3. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Honestly dude, even if any of those tubes were happening in some tropical warm water spot, they'd all still be classified as "heavy". Jelly here.

Don't be such a fucking stranger, hear?

Cwhite likes this.
  4. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Many of the MD folk (including me) do both as we got blackball all summer. I absolutely look forward to getting barrelled in the summer shorebreak. We do a staycation every year in which my day consists of: wake up, surf TBTSNBN in morning (or fish if flat) then spend all day on beach with wife mixing in multiple bodybooarding/bodysurfing sessions, eat dinner at restaurant, drink several beers, bang wife, sleep then repeat next day. No BS - one of my favorite weeks of the year.

Cwhite likes this.
  5. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    i used to surf in the morning and evening then sponge during the day way back and kinda want to get back to that.

Cwhite likes this.
  6. Cwhite

Cwhite Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Long paddles out it's easier with a surfboard, surfboards cut through long paddles out with less drag. Beach breaks like home above fins give you pretty good sprints on getting out and into waves.

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Gotcha, makes sense.