surfers who fish.

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Your headed to the Ack?? My old stomping grounds, have fun LB. Probably not much for swell the next couple of days but the fishing should be good.

2. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    I got a good eating sized rockfish after work earlier in the week. This season has been strange for me. I've caught a ton of fish but nothing big. Lots of variety. 20210714_200902.jpg

Manik likes this.

3. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Spent the week on a 9 mile long 150 ft deep lake. Rented a bass boat and toured the place. Land locked salmon and trout were so deep you have to basically fish like you were fluking. Same tackle and everything. Mostly spent time hitting the shallows for small mouth with ultra-lights and spinner baits. Caught pickerel for the 1st time. Lake life.

Manik likes this.
  4. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    At 1st glance it looked like it was in your toilet to me.
    Ready to get salty again. Took a short walk looking for fluke in the flats but came up with nothing. Fishing the micro gear with the kids all week got us all amped for the snapper derby.

smitty517 likes this.
  5. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    Last post today.
    Took a pass on a surf but went to the back see if I could scare up a fluke. Last second decision to take my little girl paid out. Went to the piers to cast jigs with gulp. Stayed away from the pack because my daughter is 8 and just started casting. You can't be to sure where it will go. Flung it out before I had a rod in the water and put it right on a keeper! Her 1st. She is not going to sleep tonight.

Nice ride home. Watched the sun set from the top of the bridge. You guys seeing this red sun? It's crazy.

Manik, smitty517, pdub and 2 others like this.
  6. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I love pickerel, prehistoric looking bastards with those teeth, and they can get pretty big. I use to fish a small pond years ago, I had a small kids rod one day with a worm on a hook. The good spot at the pond was taken so I had to cast it over a bunch of grass growing out of the pond by the side. I just let it sit with a bobber for about an hour drinking beers and listening to a little transistor radio, I glanced over and the bobber was gone. It was so heavy at the other end I thought I snagged some grass or a cat tail, but then it moved. It took me a while, I found a small gap between the grass and was able to reel him in through there. It was a monster, at least 30 inches and I can't guess the weight. Must have lived in that pond for years. I should have released him but gave him to one of the other guys fishing there. He probably took it to the bait shop and got some kind of state record, lol.

Nothing like watching your kid score a nice fish PJ, I'm sure you were as excited as she was.

smitty517 likes this.