surfers who fish.

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jul 26, 2019.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    From earlier this week.
    IMG_3218.JPG

smitty517, Manik and antoine like this.
  2. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Nice LB!! Found a big hen today on the way to check the surf! Scored a ton of honey mushrooms off some ones lawn last week, my first time trying them, and my first mushrooms not growing on a tree. My buddy loves them, took me along.
    I have found a ton of chickens this year, but most were just past their prime, getting a little woody. Those look awesome.

3. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
  4. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Picked up a few more hens, chickens, a puffball, some honeys, and this lion's main. I think honey mushrooms could be my favorite of all the "common" species. Lion's Mane.png

Manik likes this.
  5. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Paul Stamets believes Lions Mane is a super shroom, stops cognitive degeneration, Alzheimers, all kinds of stuff. Never found any in the wild but I should start taking supplements.
    Never thought you could eat puffballs, my buddy loves those too, says you could slice, marinate, and grill the big ones. Yeah, I love those honeys too, sautéed mine in olive oil with garden tomatoes and garlic, threw in spaghetti and mixed it all up, simple and awesome.

antoine and LBCrew like this.
  6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    My favorite way to eat them is sautéed with shallots, sherry, cream and thyme, and served over crostini or grilled polenta.

Manik likes this.