Surfing About to be Banned in PR....wtf

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by yankee, Mar 1, 2017.

1. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
  2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I hope they get it passed!!
    That will get rid of 90% of the surfing morons that go there.
    People like all of you!!!!!
    BBBRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go to Belmar!!!

4. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    So let me get this straight. I can't go surfing with 100 boogie boarders on food stamps and pay some gang to watch my car and my wahine while I surf urchin covered razor reefs. Damn! I'm bummed.

5. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    they already do that here in the u.s.. only landowners/citizens/property owners allowed on the beach

6. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    True dat! Most the places I grew up fishing have private property signs on them. The douche canoes always say it's for liability reasons. Total BS!

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

EXACTLY!!!!!
    Stay home!!

8. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    It will never happen. Surfing brings too much $$$ to the island.
    99% of the drownings are non surfing anyway. It can also be argued that the cost to enforce it could go towards paying for lifegaurds.
    Just some douche politico who thinks he knows best. The local populace will have their say and therefore it won't fly.

9. thepartysover

thepartysover Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2016
    That comment section is pretty interesting.

10. thepartysover

thepartysover Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Bates!? is hard to understand but quite upset

11. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I agree completely mr arche.surfers know the ocean and how to swim,its tourists that go in a pool once every 5 yrs and trys going into the ocean and they cant touch the bottom they freak out and drown.

and I imagine surfing brings quite the revenue.

hopefully if this guy passes the bill they impeach him and cancel it.

and private property beaches lol,thats all I surf.the beaches are empty,even in the summer theres maybe 5 people on the beach,maybe 1 person in the water.and it seems to make people feel safer too,like I guess they feel that if their kid or themselves get swept out theres a guy out there on a board who will come rescue u lol.

12. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I don't see it happening. They mentioned the reason is that it puts rescue teams at risk. If that's the case, then just say "during storms is surf at your own risk. No rescue teams will come to save you". Maybe that's harsh. But so is "evicting" surfers from the beach during a swell.

Like others mentioned. I think surfing brings to much money in tourism to the country. Don't see it happening.

We're they talking about this ban for the entire country? Or just the spot they mentioned in the first half of the article?

13. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Wouldn't "evicting" surfers from the water be almost the same as being there during a rescue? I mean yea, no rescue needed most likely, but if the Police or Coast Guard are there to kick you out they're still using tax revenue. Agreed, it will not pass. Trying to turn this place into the next Atlantic City. Failure all around, ask Trump.

14. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Thats a good point. I guess standing on the beach yelling surveys to leave is safer though. And easier. Maybe Austin should move to PR. He enjoys not doing his job and taking the easy road

15. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Politicians and developers screwing everybody to make money. Shocking! Bunch of jizzbags

16. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    [​IMG] 1:48

Don't make me get Santos after your ass, cholo!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  17. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Da fuq is this?

Whatever, Oahu's better!

18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

hahahaha!! Funny video, and some nice boobies to boot!!!