SwellInfo Crew Fantasy Surfer 2014!

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Erock, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Alright, WHO'S IN!?!?

If you were in last year your account should still be active so you don't have to do anything special except play!

We've got less than a month until Snapper, so anyone who has an interest in joining our clubhouse let me know! The more the merrier!

njsurfer42 took all the marbles last year, but it was really, really close in the top 5 spots.

I kinda want to figure out some sort of prize for the winner this year. I'll put some more thought into it, but I was thinking about an opt-in so the prize will only be available to those who opt-in--no more than $5 each or something like that. Anyone with ideas let's hear them!

2. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009

i'd be interested in taking your money, erock. ;)

3. Chuck'd

Chuck'd Member

Nov 20, 2013
    New here, got anymore details???

4. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    It's the Fantasy Surfer ran by Surfer Mag: http://fantasy.surfermag.com This one only follows the WCT.

It's free to join. Once you join you can search for our clubhouse in the "Public Clubs" option in the "Clubs" tab. The clubhouse is named "Swell Info Crew." All you have to do is join, it doesn't require any approval or anything. I'm the club admin: NCSaltwater

Check out all the rules and such on the website. Let me know if you need any more info.

5. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I would like to play this year. I don't mind an ante if it is not too much, but the grand prize should be something really cool like a fathead version of the infamous latex doll or one of Roy in full surfgear and helmet. Or a matchbook car of a white van. Or a Reef Girl poster.

6. Chuck'd

Chuck'd Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Sweet, ill check it out. I love watching all the WCT events online. Thats how I got into surfing was by watching the events then i moved to the sea coast and said well im pretty good at snow boarding lets try this surfing thing. Got my first board two summers ago and havent looked back since. Waiting for my first winter suit to come in tomorrow cause ive been jones'n for my surfing fix. My 4/3 suit only lasted me to the first week in December up here in Maine. Hoping this 6/5/4 Cypher will do the trick and get me back out there by next week.

7. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Thanks Erock. I am registered as voodoochildsurfdogg ( my nam de plume for the takedown of MSW that never materialized...YET!).

8. BassMon

BassMon Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    Im down. I played last season with a buddy who didn't watch the events. No fun. This does sound fun.

9. offshore

offshore Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I'm game! I slacked this last year and didn't play, definitely stoked for this year.

10. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    YEEEEEEEW!

I was surprised when we got over 50 people playing last year, would love to see it hit 75 this year.

We've got a couple new faces on the WCT who have the potential to commandeer some serious upsets--even more so than last year, so it should be double plus interesting this year!

So, screw Fantasy Football, death to Fantasy Baseball, send Fantasy NASCAR to the deep end with concrete shoes. THIS is the only fantasy sport worth participating in!

GET ON IT!

11. newenglandflatness

newenglandflatness Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Yeah, last year was so weak on the lower money spots...I used way more alternates than in previous years, because so few of the 3M to like 4.25M range guys were worth it (although injuries certainly played a roll). If I hadn't locked in Nat to start the year at 3.25 I would've had a much tougher time being competitive

12. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    i really hope owen wright finds his form again...there really are very few solid goofys on tour.

13. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Erock your right, the more the merrier. It was really fun, enjoyed it. Ready to do it again!!!

14. seanmcgaff

seanmcgaff Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    I'm in the same boat

15. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    In fo sho...

16. seanmcgaff

seanmcgaff Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    signed up, ready to rock!

17. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    You and me both, I like him because he represents tall people... like me.

More pertinent info:

- You can join whenever you want during the season, but it's better for your score if you start at the first contest (Snapper). Your lowest scores get dropped, but I don't know how many they are going to do this year. I think they dropped the bottom 3 scores last year and the year before...

Moral to the story: Get in now!

18. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    im still in. getwet is gonna win the hawaii trip this year. i can feel it. i would be down for a $5 buy-in. if 75 people are in and they each pay $5, thats a new board or a surf trip to PR or the start to my fund to go to fiji haha

19. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Out
    Of
    My
    Cold
    Dead
    Hands

:cool:

20. njsurfer42