tell me about jetblue

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by njsurfer42, Feb 16, 2013.

1. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    just booked my honeymoon! flying south to costa rica in july for a week of surf & exploration. we're flying w/ jetblue, w/ whom i've never flown, so tell me about them. the airline SEEMS pretty decent, but i want to know details.

share 'em up...pros, cons, horror stories, love stories. i want to hear them all!

2. Thewaternerd

Thewaternerd Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I went to northern Costa Rica with Jetblue and went pretty well. Board fee was 50 a board each way took good care of it over all about a 7 out of 10

3. fins369

fins369 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    $50 per board bag, direct tv, only non-stop flight to liberia. only airline i will fly to CR

4. meatloaf

meatloaf Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    get a free handy with delta, february only

5. Wave Maven

Wave Maven Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Jet Blue is by far the best airline out there. Free first bag, TV's, unlimited free snack, and a overall fun vibe. Have fun.

6. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Great airline. Far from the best though. The Asian airlines (Singapore, Cathay, etc) treat you like royalty, even in coach. Can't even be compared to US based airlines

7. old's cool

old's cool Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Flew from Orlando to Aquadilla, PR and was pleased with the flight in both directions. Can't comment on board fees, as I rented one in PR. JB provided Sirius audio and free headphones. So, they seem to be making an effort.

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Jet Blue is money, definitely fly w/them, great service, great prices, I used them to fly into Aguadilla PR from Orlando as well. Got our luggage no problem, flights were on time, no issue really.

9. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Congrats on wedding! (unless this is a post poned honeymoon, then still congrats!)

10. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    nope, we're leaving 2 days after the big event! (gotta give ourselves time to recover/spent time w/ out-of-town friends & family.)

stoked to hear all the positive feedback about jetblue...the price was too good to pass up, but i was a bit nervous of the airline turning out to be a spirit-like experience (i will never, ever, ever fly spirit again...)

11. njsurfer42

Nov 9, 2009
    this is very true...flew air emirates to the maldives a few years back & couldn't believe the difference.