The Flu and Flu Shotts

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by ChavezyChavez, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Although anecdotal evidence is of interest, it does not trump solid research.

For example, it’s possible that those who skip the shot every year haven’t ever had the flu and just might have a yet to be identified natural anti flu edge over those who elect to inject. So, Year after year they don’t get the flu (until they do get it). They then think the shot isn’t necessary.

But that is a false assumption.

Also, people who inject may think it gives them super power immunity, so they are careless and expose self to flu sources. They then get the flu. Doesn’t mean the vaccine doesn’t work. It may simply mean the vaccine lowers the odds of getting the flu, but less effective if you assault yourself with flu exposure.

The flu vaccine is a killed virus, not live. Except the nasal spray.

sigmund likes this.
  2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

A quote from "natural health" garbage site??
    You aren't serious, are you?? ZERO SCIENCE (objective thinking). NADA.
    But...to each his/her own.
    Go vote for Hillary now, she needs you hahahahaha!!!

headhigh likes this.

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Oh and btw....the freaking flu shot is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Cheap mudda fuggers.....

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Actually, no. That soap is perceived to create more problems with resistance.
    Antibiotics per say, 3rd in line of great human findings, the soap not so much.

La_Piedra likes this.
  5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Lol ok

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Homeopathic crap is exactly what makes people sick--illogical--no well designed studies support it, therefore it is witchcraft.

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  7. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Just don't get the two different kinds of thermometers mixed up...

La_Piedra likes this.
  8. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I get a free flu shot every year. I don't get a bad reaction from it, and if it decreases my chances of getting the flu even 30%, I'll take it. If it could make the flu less severe and of shorter duration, I take the chance on that one, too.

And... regarding antibacterial soap... studies have shown that it kills "good bacteria" and bad. Your body is loaded with good bacteria and it helps overcome bad bacteria when you come into contact with it... as long as you don't get a huge dose of it. So for me, it makes sense to use regular soap and hot water, and maybe limit the antibacterial soap to hand washing (although some say that's not even necessary).

Mr.Belmar likes this.
  9. be.ach.soon

be.ach.soon Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    The anti-science, anti-CDC, anti-vaccination people are usually from the right.

10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Perhaps I should have said invention of soap, not necessarily antibacterial.

11. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Care to support this? Every anti vaxxer/ anti-medicine person i know is from the left.

La_Piedra likes this.
  12. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    You can credit the Irish for that... or so I'm told.

13. edk

edk Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    sigmund likes this.
  14. soulrider

soulrider Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
  15. mushdoc

mushdoc Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Well...I did not stay at a Holiday Inn but I am a doctor (MD/DC). I refuse to let that swill get pumped into me or my family.Even the CDC has confirmed that the flu vaccine does not improve your chances of avoiding infection.

soulrider likes this.
  16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Where can I find this information? All I can find on the CDC website is recommendation after recommendation to get the flu shot: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm

17. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Shlt, I never put 2 and 2 together!

18. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I'm honestly surprised people are against vaccinations. Not getting them like me and DP mentioned is one thing. But being completely against it? Iv just never realized people thought that way.

I'm open minded and am all for not believing everything your told. Everything thing iv read basically says the CDC admits its not terribly effective this year but still better than nothing. I'm with LBCrew. If anyone has any credible info on the argument against vaccination I'd like to see it. Like to see information from both sides and come to my own conclusions. Although i doubt I'd be swayed by the naysayers on this particular topic

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

The homeopathy morons are tree hugging, snail-saving, granola devouring liberals.

20. mushdoc

mushdoc Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Yes the CDC promotes that everyone should get the vaccine. The data for this year is 36% effectiveness. THAT data is derived from hospital presentations and the % of those that have had a vaccine and outcome. Children with compromised immune systems were the only group with a real change in outcome. The rest of the sub groups were all equal to the general population.I am not an "anti-vax" guy. I do feel that there is some pharma push re flu vaccines.