The Future

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I've just returned to the present from the future.

I was picking up some sundries from the supermarket and there was a salvation army guy ringing his bell. He asked me what the greatest nation was. I stopped and thought. "the DOUGH NATION" he said, smiling. We had a laugh. I took out my bill fold and only had 20's. I was about to tell him I didnt have change, but opted to drop the 20 in. He smiled, and a glint came into his eyes. He asked me if I wanted to have a wish granted. Yes, I told him. I'd like to spend a few days in the future on (favorite place name redacted) when there would be solid surf.

POOF. I was suddenly there. In the future. At my favorite break. In the dead of winter. It was about 12 foot and perfect, rights peeling 16 seconds apart around the point through the groves and reforming into the cove, where I stood on the beach.

A few things about surfing in the future:
    *Thrusters are back in, except the lead fin is located at the dead center of the board.
    *Wetsuits are as thin as your favorite 20-year-old tee shirt and respond to voice commands to adjust the temperature.
    *There are 2.5 million waves pools throughout the world and people who have never seen the real ocean surf every day. Kelly Slater owns the majority of them and is a trillionaire. He has hair now because baldness has been cured.
    *Leashes attach like a belt to your waist (at the back).
    *Everyone does inverted barrel rolls.

I headed up to my house after surfing in the future and immediately logged into Swell Info.
    A few things about Swell Info in the future.
    * Micah bought the website back. He admitted he was more than 20 of our favorite swell info personalities.
    * The Trump / FBI / Russians thread has just reached 206,540 pages. Its mostly Kyle posting, and he is now 122 years old and on his 4th heart. Sigmund has abandoned liberalism and is now a die hard Republican and has a tattoo of Donald Trump shooting an AR 13 on his bicep. Trump is widely regarded as one of the best leaders the world has known after he defeating China in WW3 (I gathered all this info by reading the last couple of posts.)
    * Despite the exponential advances in technology, the forecast is still always wrong and the app doesn't work.
    * Heyduke rejoined, then abandoned aggaine.
    * DawnPatrolSUP/321 is now DawnPatrolABC
    * This thread only gets 6 responses.

The End.

2. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    They Call Him Legend ^ :D

MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    And I presume I am somewhere "pushing up daisies"???

4. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Well done sir, well done!

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  6. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    122, I'll take it!

7. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013

seldom seen likes this.
  8. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    No, a Soylent Green ingredient...
    [​IMG]

9. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    phukin A rile A
    [​IMG]

10. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Dude that was badass.

Always leave 'em wanting more

11. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
  12. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  13. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    How did we win WW3?

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    By spreading AIDS with your gay army.

sisurfdogg and Yankkee like this.
  15. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Defeating ISIS was easier than we thought. We carpet bombed them with Penthouse mags and jammed their internet bands with the Scantily Clad Women treadde, They all shaved their beards and defected to the West. A bloodless coup.

MrBigglesworth, Barry Cuda and Kyle like this.
  16. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Is weed legal yet?

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  17. atth850

atth850 New Member

Jan 9, 2019
    The story is awesome) Dude, I have so many questions to ask! But seriously several thoughts that you’ve mentioned are a little bit odd.