The most annoying person in surfing

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by bubs, Oct 31, 2018.

1. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Joel Turpel.

2. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012

3. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    anyone who i perceive as a dick.

4. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Wave-hogging sweepers.

5. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  6. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
  7. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Chas Smith, all of beach grit and most of stab

La_Piedra likes this.
  8. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
  9. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    That Guy who paddles out with that negative semi-hostile vibe, not looking at anyone not acknowledging anyone & start aggro paddle moves for as many waves as it can.

10. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Thats the albino guy at Assateague!!

smitty517 and Yankkee like this.
  11. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    La_Piedra and MrBigglesworth like this.
  12. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    He's brilliant and creative... but horribly arrogant, with a HUGE chip on his shoulder.

R o y S t u a r t

13. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Loud mouths who paddle out and ruin what was a peaceful session. These people should shut F up and just surf or go to the bar for social hour. I don’t want to hear how epic it was at xyz location or how your actually friends with Kelly Slater because you met him once or you saw him surf. I don’t care if you’re actually from California and are use to seeing bigger waves. I don’t care if you shared a lineup with a bunch of pros one time at band camp. I just don’t care. I want to surf and enjoy what nature has given me, not listen your loud obnoxious self carry on about this and that, which most is a lie or an exaggeration of the truth. Nobody cares, just surf dude. F.

Zeroevol, Betty, archibold and 5 others like this.
  14. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    HOLY MOLY!!!! Yes!
    o_Oo_O
    Absolutely, that's the asshat that I had in mind when I posted this!
    We refer to him as 'the douche' but 'the albino' could be better since it's hopefully going to offend some snowflake whilst we are in the process of labeling that jackass.

He materialized last summer. Pale white bald dome, sometimes wears those goggles or shades, drops in on people & doesn't apologize, surfs with a girl sometimes. That guy is the definition of Asshat Surfer!!

And he always paddles out right where you're sitting, it's like he's trying to make a statement of asshattery

Zeroevol and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  15. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    I’m crushed DP, that’s ME when I’m lonely

Zeroevol, DosXX and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  16. davedingus

davedingus Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2017
  17. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Hahaha i got to say. If im around good company. Friends. I'll chat. But i know the guys DPs talking about. Over the top loud. Making ridiculous claims. Somehow making everyone else seem below them in a passive aggressive way.

Now when I'm not near friends, either solo or just in a unfamiliar group. I'll straight up talk to myself. "Oh man do you see this one coming in? Yeah it looks like a sweet one. Someone better get it. Yeeeeeew!"

Im sure plenty of people found me annoying at times. Or just thought i was loco

18. Braap

Braap Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Surfers bother me.

19. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Or that douchecanoe sup surfer who has the WHOLE DAM BEACH to cheat surf, but comes over to hover around you and backpaddle you and then paddle for every wave you turn set up for.
    I think our resident offender had left for warmer climes though...I had already discovered what he drives :rolleyes:

DosXX, sisurfdogg and Yankkee like this.