The Peanut Gallery

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Clownface, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Clownface

Clownface Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2017
    You ever find yourself on the beach or in the channel watching surfers riding waves you won't? Or are you another guy bobbing in the lineup slaying sets with the peanut gallery watching from the dune? I guess we all end up in the peanut gallery for our own reasons whether it's injury, sickness or shook ones syndrome.

2. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    the peanut gallery is god and observes all
    hive mind sees all
    dont blow it

3. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    I've been balls deep in the peanut gallery for various reasons (injury, waves too big and sketchy). I've also been on the other end, watching the peanut gallery from the water...

The best is when the people who were out in the water act like there shart doesn't stink because "they were out there and you weren't". give me a break, you may be more skilled at surfing, but definitely not at life.

Although it is pretty comical hearing all the excuses start pouring out about why no one was able to surf. I would love to hear all of Barry's excuses hehe

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I don't give excuses, moron.
    In your post you do exactly what you criticize other for doing. Your paragraph is inherently a contradiction in phrasing of thought. Your are caught in a conceptual prison.

5. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

Nov 15, 2013
    Barry,

You are a habitual line stepper and are incorrect as usual my friend. I simply stated that it is comical hearing all the excuses. If the waves are unruly and I dont feel comfortable paddling out, that is what I will use as my excuse. Been there done that....at this point in my life I have nothing to prove to anyone.

6. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I would sayI left the oven on! ^

7. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Barry is like 92 and still surfs, no excuses there.

8. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    We are either out or all saying the same thing. Maybe later, meaning, when it gets smaller and less gnarly.

9. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    kids are always the excuse. for now. until they start surfing and then out surf me. then watching groms shred will be the excuse.

all that said, I get out my fair share cause I got a great lady that splits time with me and if it's working or if I haven't been out in while she understands how important is that I gtfo.

with all this said too, Ill hit the big stuff, however I'm generally only every on beaches and bars. not points or slabs that I see pictures of up here. excuse- I keep it real, I aint goode enough to hit points, reefs, and slabs of real consequence on big heavy days.

10. zagaff3r

zagaff3r Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2016
    live to surf, surf to live

[video=youtube;4jBDnYE1WjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jBDnYE1WjI&sns=em[/video]

just waiting for the tide to drop

11. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I actually won't look on days were the forecast is looking so so. Size here on LI is never really an issue except for maybe once every year or so, and at that point its close out city way. So generally my only excuse to join the peanut gallery if conditions are ehhh. So i just won't look on those days where it could go either way. That way I'm already suited up and have no excuses now.

There is this guy here who will watch from the dune for hours. Then criticizes everybody. It could be perfect stomach high peelers. Not to small. Not to big. Clean. Absolutely no excuse. Yet he will just sit there and talk. I don't get it.

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Is his name ABC123???
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    sorry....stronger than me!!

13. HelpHelpLetMeOut

Mar 2, 2017
    there are like 8-15 hours of daylight on any given swell, its hard to surf mroe than 6-8, so that leaves some time for the peanut gallery

heckling fellas on the way in and roasting them on their carolina cutbaques and other techniques is fun

14. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Hahaha you know what man. I'm not a **** in the water or anything. But when i see a guy paddle and go over the falls or just straight up drop the ball on the drop i laugh out loud, while in the water. Especially if it's a SUP or a kooky LBer. I get dirty looks from others inn the water allot in these situations. Just something about a SUP eating it hits my funny button. Its this rude?

15. HelpHelpLetMeOut

Mar 2, 2017
    nah baws, just dont catch feelins when it happens to you

16. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

Nov 15, 2013
    No Barry, again you are mistaken. That is the name I was formerly known as!

17. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    What's all the hoopla? This is the peanut gallery!
    I've often wondered what kind smack would get thrown around if this forum was hooked up to live beach feed around the globe. Live commentary as it where. That would be some entertaining stuff right there!

When I check the cams, I'm a 1 man PCPG... "paddle...go!...your too far outside...kook...flat, get your long bort...get your shoart bort...kook...." etc...
    But when the surf's up, I go. No excuses. If I'm not feelin it when I get there I'll keep my misery to myself, and move on.
    Normally crowded spots are my motivator to leave.

18. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    not at all

I remember years ago I seen a kayak paddling out on a pretty decent swell and he got caught inside and thrown over the falls.i was in this peanut gallery lol,man it was the funniest sh1t we ever saw,guy could probably hear us laughing from the beach.this was in lbi on a winter swell too

19. Clownface

Clownface Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2017
    When you make the mistake of surfing heavy water with pneumonia you will understand limitations. Fear is healthy, panic will get you killed and knowing yourself and your surroundings is paramount.

Why do you think free diving has a high mortality rate? It's because 1 day you can hold your breath for 5 minutes and the next day you pass out at 2.

And yeah I have sat in the peanut gallery because i had shook ones syndrome; it's emasculating and humbling, got me coming back. You would to if you saw maxing ocean beach San Francisco. Don't lie you wouldn't rush peahi or proper mullaghmore.

Remember you're not Bobby Gunn 72-0 bare knuckle. You will meet your match unless you're purebred.

You never know if that guy in a headhigh lineup with you might also take drops at Mavericks

If you're not a purebred surfer in your own right, respect the life; it's as easy as that!
    Surf etiquette 101
    Localism 102

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  20. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    [video=youtube;4Ba98kojKpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ba98kojKpc[/video]