This Sh*t has to stop!

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by DawnPatrol321, Mar 15, 2016.

1. shredman

shredman Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    [video=youtube;lyeTj002DCo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyeTj002DCo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

a follow up on the alpha male featured in the other video i posted. not such a tough guy when he's on his own. mr. cantwell even gives out his phone number. it really is his. i called it. hey barry, turns out he lives in you neck of the woods: keene, nh. maybe you two want to meet up. lmk, i'll get you his address. lol (hint: it's in the video comments)

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Never heard of the guy. Strange though, if he is in fact from Keene NH. That is where all the NH hippies go to live.
    Smells like patchouli there.....

3. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Yes, fool, both sides were armed and bear responsibility for the violence, already said that, but *again* there is no moral equivalency here. One side is a bunch of racist morons, and the other side is protesting their racist views. If you think both sides are equally morally corrupt, then educate yourself on the KKK and white nationalist views. Your wife would not be welcome in their world.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    No **** Sherlock, I never said anything about a moral equivalent, that's what the MSM is talking about. Just because they're racist doesn't give people the right to go meeting up with them to kick their ass or kill them. If you do so you are breaking the law, plain and simple. Now that said, i'm not saying I wouldn't kick someone's ass who was being racist directly toward my wife, I certainly would. But that's a different story all together.

5. shredman

shredman Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    so you would kick somebody's ass for saying something racist toward your wife?

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    If it was a guy and they disrespected her yeah I probably would. But I wouldn't show up to a protest looking to fight a bunch of racists. It's a bit different if we were out in public minding our own business and someone came up and said some racist stuff or denied us service because of her skin color or something like that. If there was a KKK rally in Downtown Melbourne, I wouldn't go down there looking to fight. It's their freedom of speech and as long as they aren't breaking any laws there's really nothing I can or should do about it. My wife's Dad, my father in-law is dark skinned and knew a guy that was in the KKK, they had a mutual respect for one another, that guy never once disrespected him directly, so they got along. It's America, you're allowed to believe what you want and say what you want. But if you get in someone's face and provoke them don't be surprised if a fight breaks out. If you know there's some racist stuff going down in a public space and you know there's going to be violence and decide to go be a part of it then you're just going out of your way looking for conflict.

7. sigmund

Dec 7, 2015
    Well that's a qualification the President didn't make. I mean which group organized the rally, and which group is racist. These are very important distinctions that were left unsaid, and the reason the nation is in an uproar, and why all the CEO's have left his execution councils.

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    If i'm not mistaken they had a permit for the rally. On one side you had the KKK, Neo-Nazi's, and the white supremacists. On the other you had people from BLM, ANTIFA, and the "alt-left". Then you probably had just regular people not part of any group just there to protest. Among these groups were people who showed up looking to fight with helmets and bats in hand, among other things like flame throwers and such. Among these groups were probably folks who went to protest but not fight but ended up getting caught up in it. It's a mess really. But if the people who showed up to fight, didn't, then it would have been a regular protest.

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

If he did not do it, I would do it for him....

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks Barry, I would take care of it but I appreciate you looking out. The only time I came close to needing to do that I actually shared the story here in a thread once. You probably remember. Had the guy turned around and said something to her or us it would have been on, but since he was a passive aggressive little puss he said something to his friend just loud enough for her to hear but not loud enough for me to hear, and of course she wouldn't tell me because she knew the end result. I will fight to defend her quicker than I'd defend myself.

11. edk

edk Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
  12. sigmund

Dec 7, 2015
    Except that the KKK and white supremacists also came armed. NC is an open carry state and some were openly carrying weapons, along with clubs, et al. I think a much wiser president would have, first and foremost, denounced racism which these supremacists groups represent, then talked about the right of free speech, and respectful protests and how coming armed to a protest is not acceptable no matter which side you're on. But Trump chose a different path, and fanned the flames of racism even more.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Question, i'm not a big gun guy so let me see if I understand. In an open carry state, are you allowed to openly carry a gun without breaking the law?

14. be.ach.soon

be.ach.soon Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I think that's the idea. Open carry means it must be visible. Concealed carry means you can carry a firearm out of view legally.

I am in Florida visiting my family right now and my father has organized a candle light vigil for the 3 lives lost in Charlottesville.

He just got a call from a guy who is interested in coming who wants to know if he should come armed. Crap!

Hoping most people have the sense to leave their guns at home.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Gotcha. Well, if it's not against the law then there's really nothing that can be done. I don't think they shot anybody if I recall, even with all the fighting going on. I'm not saying people should walk around with their guns at a protest but it's their right according to the law so IDK, it's a tough situation.

As for you, good luck going to that, hope it's peaceful.

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Leave guns at home??
    Okay, I get it. Then leave your car at home. And your belt. etc etc.
    Bottom line--be smart--DON'T ATTEND DUMB ASS "candle light vigils" or any kind.

17. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I solved the monument issue.

1. Keep all monuments
    2. For every Southern monument build one to the North next to it but taller
    3. The taller Northern monuments are to be considered "victory podiums".

The 3 steps above not only preserve history, but portray it in an accurate way. The North won.

18. be.ach.soon

be.ach.soon Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Yeah. Not a big fan of protests and public assemblies myself. But as long as the point is to bring people together don't really see any harm in it.

19. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Awesome!

4) Don't have any Chinese concrete, or any foreign elements in the monuments. Made here by Americans. That would be perfect.

Q: What do you do with Stone Mountain, GA, the Mount Rushmore of the Souff? Do you blow it up Taliban style, or maybe just carve a bigger better one next to it of the Union heroes who fought for Freedom? That would be really awesome, I can just imagine how that will roll.