This Weekend??

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by cgilly33, Feb 16, 2012.

1. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    ...but seriously stay home. :D

2. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    damook you have to host this guy now. Give him your address.

3. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Surfing?
    It's been so long I kinda forgot what that was....

4. kielsun

kielsun Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I don't really blame the OP for asking for info. The world we live in is one where information is available immediately all of the time -- it's only a matter of time until "google" makes it into the dictionary as a verb. AKA I blame the Internet, not him.

That said, when I'm traveling in the NE I'll ask a few friends or acquaintances for some local info, but I also do my own googlework to make sure that I have fun, regardless of wind/swell direction. Around Christmastime I took a trip to RI/MA/ME. By keeping a close eye on conditions and reading about different breaks, I was able to paddle out and have a great time for the entire week without getting any solid info from people I had asked.

This 4-page train wreck could've easily been averted with a simple "Check around the interweb and do your research and you'll have a great time." Also, continuing localism in the dead of winter is pretty hilarious. I've seen an average of about .5 people per session since mid-November.

5. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    no snow. no surf. this is the endless november. ****

6. DiceMan

DiceMan Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Everyone just relax man....and let your balls hang out.

7. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I think you should change your name to "DAKOOK". lol.

8. SouthjettyBill

SouthjettyBill Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Dear dude who started this thread,

Don't let these guys bother you. They are a very meany type of people. Plus, most wouldn't know where to go anyways. HAHAHA. OMG, Awww man, that's why they're so upset - they don't know where to go either ! And, ahh man, we rarely have north swells anymore and everyone's thinking, "Does Holyoke still break all twitchen-like?" and then some dude down in Manco-land is all, " Hey is 8th street still good?" In a noisey bar in Avalon, some dude's like, " Hey did the sand ruin 10 St ?" Everbody at the Cape is all, "Remember when we used to have raging NE swells and we were a viable commodity - it's half the size but it's offshore and perfect?" All them dudes in PBB are all, " HA, we have the shorebreak power and we don't have to paddle much. Hap Hap Sharap You Are." Ahhh man , no one knows where to go, dude.

My best advice is be Ponce De Leon and just go. Just pull up to some beach and check it on out.....OBX to Long Island is a big area, and I haven't payed attention but Sunday it should clean up from South to North throughout the day... Maybe......then again maybe it won't. I guess I should check on that before I open my yap. I love you...aww heck I love all y'all.

9. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    South Jetty Bill needs a life.

10. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    My life is ocean waves and Photo Conception Perception(PCP). Though if you have any other suggestions or anything I'd love to hear them. Wow, that hurt MelGibsonguy. If anyone starts teasing me I'm going to report all y'all. I will tell on you.

Hey Gnaractually, shouldn't you be studying? I'm being serious here. Go to class and study as much as you can. You can become great. You can do magnificent things. OMG don't end up like me - posting on swellinfo, arguing with dopes, doing Photo Conception Perception(PCP). I went to university but I skipped classes and didn't study much. OMG GnarActually, please we don't want you to go the same route as I did. Be good, follow the rules, and stay away from binge drinking and premarital intercourse. Don't start using heroin just because all the cool kids are doing it. It may be fun at first, but it will destroy you. God I'm really worried about you GnarActually and all the other young men faced with a big, bad world full of vices and destructiveness. I mean even Tom Curren became a drunk. I love you, man. I'm here for you.

11. staystoked

staystoked Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    this is what it's like when you make a thread for a swell 7 days in advance.

[​IMG]

12. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    Oh GnarActually, I have been on this site for a month, and ten of those days I was banned from the message boards. I first starting looking at Mr. Swellinfo dude's forecast this past November and joined up, but didn't start posting until January. So, ummmm there's dudes that have been going on here since 2007. They check in numerous times daily.....for five years......five years. So you may want to redecide who you tell to get a life. OMG, look you have been on here since 2007. Hmmmm, but it's ok, honey. I have found Jesus during my banishment. I have nothing but love in my heart for you fellows. GnarActually, I love you no matter what you say to me. I have even started wearing a white bathrobe and sandals. Got a killer beard too. I even look like an Irish Jesus.

I know a lot of you younger guys are confused....angry. Some of you may be having confusing thoughts about your sexuality. I know that it helps ease the pain by putting others down. You build yourself up by putting others down. But this only hurts you guys morally and it makes Jesus cry. GnarActually, when you made fun of me, Jesus started to cry. Is that what you want? Do you want Jesus to cry? Of course you don't. Now, I will give you a cyber hug ok....HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG......feel it man. YEAH !!!! Feel that hug. Do you feel better, honey? I know I do. I will give any of youse guys a cyber hug especially during this flat spell. I know surfing helps relieve your pain and anguish. It also is a good release for you guys. Guys please keep surfing. Don't let jobs, money, crack, or family take surfing away from you.

13. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    Oh sorry for the tangent but I'm trying to help the kids.

Ok Swellinfo has the winds at 15-25 out of the NE on Sunday. Blowing steady for almost 24 hours into Monday. And 0-1 foot swell prediction. If the winds do come from the Northerly direction at 15-25 and blow for a day, I'm going out on a limb here and say that there will be waves bigger than a foot. Everyone owes me a dollar if I'm right...or a cyber hug.

14. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I nominate this for best thread of 2012, I know it's early but all of the key elements are present.

1. The title- Starting a “ this weekend” thread on swellinfo is about like walking into a vintage record store and asking about nickleback.

2. Damook getting’ crazy!

3. People hating on locals…. LOL only on this forum. Go to any beach and try that one in person and see how it ends for you. If you are a tourist, you SHUT UP and RESPECT the locals. At home in VB if some benny gets frisky I’m all over him. When I am a tourist down south or wherever, I keep a low profile. I rarely have any problems. That is just how it goes.

4. Op claimed he is from the beach, braaaaaa

5. SJB returns and admits to his PCP addiction "my life is ...PCP..". It appears that he has hit a really weird rock bottom.

6. It’s getting locked soon.

7. The swell never even happens.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  15. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Good call DiceMan, gonna walk around with my balls out all day.

16. cgilly33

cgilly33 Member

Dec 27, 2011
    This was all i could have asked for.....and more<3

17. kielsun

kielsun Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    LOL @ #1 and 7! Although this isn't TOY material just yet, it's inching ever closer as we type.

Also, no one (in their right mind) goes to a break and starts talking crap for no reason, let alone to people surrounded by a bunch of friends (locals). I think it's pretty clear that people act differently on the Internet than they do in real life. Do we have to restate this idea in nearly every thread where localism is mentioned?

18. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    locals.....what is a local? When I first checked out this message board I saw the best thread about people being meany guys at breaks which eventually launched into a thing about some dude in OCNJ who hassled people at Waverly. He said it's his jetty. So, when Waverly gets buried underneath sand, is he allowed to go anywhere else, even in OC? His jetty is done so where does he go now? Are you a local at a particular jetty or the whole town. I only surf one spot these days come hell or high water so I really don't care. I'm so Zoo'd out I don't even comprehend people anyway. I don't even usually notice them. Though during the winter I just see trucks.....they pull up and look but don't paddle out....unless it's good. Very particular bunch and I respect that. I just see trucks.

If you claim local status at one spot and hassle outsiders, then you forfit your right to surf other spots. No having your cake and eating it too. You want to claim Waverly and hassle Swellinfo members then don't go to Atlantic City on those AC days... It's Waverly or nothing. I like south swells.

19. Shift

Shift Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Thanks for the entertainment guys. Swellinfo threads like this never fail.

But seriously, as the one poster said a few posts back, No surf/snow this winter.

Yea, one of the worst winters ever. (recent memory anyway) Then again there was one day that was decent, one day.

Go hit the slopes or something

20. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    I wanna surf this weekend! Will there be surf? Where to go? Who to call? What to wear? What should I eat? 5mil or 7 mil? How do I fix a ding? Should I poo before or after a surf...maybe during? Does sex the night before help or hinder my skills?........hmmmm so many decisions to make.