To pee or not to pee

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Zeroevol, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Get to piss'n!

http://www.surfline.com/blogs/ask-t...tions/is-it-bad-to-pee-in-your-wetsuit_27114/

Pros
    1. Momentary warmth – pretty nice in 45° water
    2. Eliminates an extra return paddle out
    3. You don’t have to peel off/on your wet wetsuit
    4. Eliminates some of that belly pressure when paddlin
    5. Holding your piss for hours is good for your pee-pee control*
    Cons
    1. If you have a nice new wetsuit…the piss stays in, and could make it’s way to your neck hole, which is close to your mouth hole
    2. Piss contains acid and enzymes that can slowly deteriorate neoprene*
    3. Piss contains bacteria that can lead to staph infection and other puss resulting grossness*
    4. Piss smells like piss
    5. Can lead to premature development of incontinence*
    6. Can attract undesired sea life attention

2. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    [video=youtube;uWlhRb6fFhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlhRb6fFhc[/video]

A reason not to pee in the water.

3. NJsurfer30

NJsurfer30 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Peed in my wetsuit yesterday while sitting on my board and then immediately turned around and caught a wave. The euphoria of the warmth slowly spreading down my legs to my feet, combined with the euphoria of riding a wave (a perfect liner no less), was almost too much to handle. Absolutely magical. 10/10, would do this on every wave of every session if I could.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I have been in the middle of a good pissah when all of a sudden a wave is headed right for me, what do I do? Kept pissing while paddling and caught that f'er and rode in warmth...

5. NJsurfer30

NJsurfer30 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Damn, that's some next level multitasking right there. I have not pulled this off yet. I usually go through great emotional turmoil trying to decide whether to keep peeing and let the wave go by or stop mid-piss and catch the wave. Obvious downsides to both, to the point that I'll sometimes deliberately pee in the middle of a long lull between sets knowing that the same reverse-corollary of Murphy's Law that sends swell every time I leave the coast will guarantee a set comes as soon as I start and force this decision on me. It never occurred to me that I could have all of the above. Clearly I'm not good enough at surfing. Or peeing. FML. I seriously feel like a failure right now.

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    HAHA It was one of those moments where I was in full stream, about 30% into it and I had to make a decision, cut it off and finish after the wave or keep pissing and take the wave on the head. I chose neither, I said F it and laid down and used the pressure of my body weight to expel the remaining contents of my bladder and slowly and methodically paddled for the wave and as I was finishing I took a couple good strokes and got to my feet, I recall the leg of my suite being ballooned from the piss. I marveled at myself. What did I just do? Sweeeeet...

7. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    the entire reason i surf cold water is to pee in my wetsuite

8. AddieManderson

AddieManderson Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    micturate without restraint

9. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'm a Lebowski you're a Lebowski, Brandt told me on the phone..

10. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Fkn A.

11. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    i load up on OJ before a session to piss more but it never fails as soon as i cut loose, a set comes through

12. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Just rinse the suite thoroughly Urine is sterile when it disperses from your cock. bacteria no grow that fast in colde watre.

13. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    how about the vajayjay ??

14. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Damn pump, that's a good 'un...I defer to the womens on that but I'd imagine a lot more microbial diversity.

15. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I always pee, always have, But, it can make you sick. About 3 years ago I had peed in my suit and threw it in a pile in a rubber made container. It sat there in a warm car for a week. When I went to grab it again it smelled like a sewer but I put it on anyhow figuring it would get flushed clean after a few dunks. well during that session the smell was coming out my neck hole and was really sickening. I then peed again and didn't think a thing about it. Over the course of the next 3 weeks I developed an infection, it was mild in the sense that I wasn't knocked out or anything just felt like **** and was having off and on fevers. I couldn't shake it so decided to go to the doctor. Before I went I started thinking back over the chain of events and the symptoms. General malaise, frequent urination, slight bleeding when I peed, on and off fever.

Well it turned out that I had a severe bladder infection. I asked the doctor how I got it, he said its rare for a guy to get it but that it could be gotten from peeing in a dirty hot tub or some other water. I said how would peeing do it, he replied that when you pee there is a momentary back flow that can pull just enough contaminated water back into your urethra causing urinary tract infection which if untreaded can extend back all the way up to the bladder.

I'm not shltting you, I don't think I was ever as sick for as long as that one illness. Start to finish it last well over a month of misery.

16. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    not your Fallopian tubes? ;)

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Wear a rubber next time.

18. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Seriously, he said women get those infections all the time because their urethra is so short. Of course a s short urethra has never been my problem, ya feel me?

19. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    A new low for Swellies.

Goode jobbe buoys

20. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I was wearing two of them taped together. I guess I didn't seal the seam well enough.